SQL Error on registration

15 years 10 months ago #66440 by cursor
SQL Error on registration was created by cursor
Hi guys!

First things first, thanks so much for CB1.2 RC. As far as I can tell, it's a pretty cool component with almost no bugs.
Even though I think I found one :)
But maybe you can proof me otherwise.

I'm using Joomla! 1.5.3 with a fresh&clean CB1.2 RC installation. I added some mandatory fields to my registration form and now tried to register a new user.

Here's the error message I get:
[code:1]Fatal error: SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 3 [1064]

An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists. in /var/www/vhosts/joomla/support/includes/db/dbal.php on line 602[/code:1]

Does anyone know why that happens? I checked the database, the user is created but no emails are sent. I also used Tools -> Check Database and I don't get any errors!

I appreciate your help!
Thanks again for this great component.

Regards
Oli

// edit: wait a second, I think that might have to do with the forum bridge! I'll keep you posted

Post edited by: cursor, at: 2008/06/24 14:41

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 10 months ago #66453 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:SQL Error on registration
Yup, that error is in phpBB3...due probably to the bridge. CB doesn't interfer there ;)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

15 years 10 months ago #66458 by chessman
Replied by chessman on topic Re:SQL Error on registration
yes I confirm it comes from the phpBB forum. Check the forum config.php files to fix it.

15 years 10 months ago #66503 by cursor
Replied by cursor on topic Re:SQL Error on registration
hey guys,

thanks for your quick replies. you were right, it's the bridge and i already found a solution.

I thought I might post it here in case some people look for a solution in that forum:

With the current RokBridge RC5b2 the fix is:

In /plugins/user/phpbb3.php, replace line 92:
[code:1]if(!isset($userid)) {[/code:1]
with:
[code:1]if ( ! is_numeric( $userid )) {[/code:1]

That worked for me!

Thanks again

Regards

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.222 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn