Unable to do name search in CB Lists

15 years 10 months ago #66777 by larshe
Unable to do name search in CB Lists was created by larshe
Hi,

I'd like to make the 'Formatted Name' (formatname) field searchable in a list. However, that field can not be made searchable in the field manager. Is this intentional?

Second best would be be to use firstame and lastname in the list. Those I've marked searchable in the field manager, but none of them are available in the 'Field list' when creating a list.

So my problem is, currently I have no way of doing a name search ( besides username) in my lists. Is this a bug or is there a way to solve this?

Thanks.
Using CB 1.2RC, no errors reported when doing CB Tools DB checks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 10 months ago #66798 by MikeFrank
Replied by MikeFrank on topic Re:Unable to do name search in CB Lists
Hello,

It is intentional that formatted name cannot be searchable because it is not an actual user field, it takes the first name and last name from those fields and formats them accordingly.

If first name and last name are marked searchable they should be available when creating your list. I am running 1.2 and didn't experience any problems making first name or last name searchable.

Good luck.

15 years 10 months ago #66800 by larshe
Replied by larshe on topic Re:Unable to do name search in CB Lists
Thank you for your response.

Just to be sure, can you actually confirm that you have the first name and last name fields available in the "Field List" when populating columns in the list?

Then only name related field available for me is "Formatted Name". I have a total of 19 searchable fields defined. Of those all name related ones are missing, i.e. name, firstname, middlename, lastname.

If selecting "All searchable fields" in "Multi-Criteria Searches" the very same for fields are missing in the front-end.

Could there be some name related setting to correct this, or is it possibly a bug in the RC-release?
Thanks.

15 years 10 months ago #66801 by larshe
Replied by larshe on topic Re:Unable to do name search in CB Lists
OK, I found the cause of this.

The fields must for some reason have "Show on profile" active to be available for inclusion in a list.

I had deactived that for first and last name, since I showed the Formatted Name" field in the profile instead. I would have prefered to use the formatted name in the lists, since it looks much nicer on one line, but this will due for now :-)

Thanks.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.190 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn