Basic question on upgrade

15 years 9 months ago #67559 by cantthinkofanickname
Basic question on upgrade was created by cantthinkofanickname
I have 1.1. Where can I find the arguments and details on how to upgrade to 1.2? I am willing to subscribe.

Is it a big issue upgrading and does it give me much more? I am looking to add forums, captcha, ACL and stuff but don't know how this relates.

Thanks for your time.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 9 months ago #67605 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Basic question on upgrade
Upgrade from 1.1 to 1.2 RC 2 is smooth. There is a readme (similar to 1.1 readme, but more precise and slightly different procedure) as well as a pdf installation guide, and also the manual.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

15 years 9 months ago #67677 by cantthinkofanickname
Replied by cantthinkofanickname on topic Re:Basic question on upgrade
I have tried all combinations of the 3 CSS options and makes no difference. Why should I copy CSS?

Thanks for your time.

15 years 9 months ago #67706 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Basic question on upgrade
cantthinkofanickname wrote:

I have tried all combinations of the 3 CSS options and makes no difference. Why should I copy CSS?

wrong thread ?

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

15 years 9 months ago #68820 by yogiboy
Replied by yogiboy on topic Re:Basic question on upgrade
I also have the same question.

basically, when I am upgrading, do I go through an uninstall all the old components and modules and plugins. and then reinstall everything? will the users be there or do I need to reimport them?

Thanks
Aaron

Aaron Star
www.chelseayoga.net

15 years 9 months ago #68821 by rpitera
Replied by rpitera on topic Re:Basic question on upgrade
The readme file explains this clearly. Read all the way through it and you'll see.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 1.592 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn