Upload new image for avatar yields blank/white pge

15 years 9 months ago #67911 by justinalba
Hi, suddenly I started having a problem when trying to upload a new image for an avatar. I tried one day and the page would refresh blank/white instead of loading the new picture on the edit profile page.

I do have Artio joomasef installed but it is turned off for the cb component. I was also having no problems with this prior in sh404sef and I have tried with sef turned off. File uploads are turned on in my php ini and the path to GD2library has been successfully auto detected.

I apologize if this is too much info, I'm kind of a noob :)

community builder 1.2 RC 2
Joomla! 1.0.15 Stable
Linux Shared Hosting
PHP version 5.2.6 running on apache server

Post edited by: justinalba, at: 2008/07/11 04:12

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 9 months ago #68270 by nant
justinalba wrote:

Hi, suddenly I started having a problem when trying to upload a new image for an avatar. I tried one day and the page would refresh blank/white instead of loading the new picture on the edit profile page.

Since it was working and suddenly stopped working, this means that you installed something that is causing problems.

Blank pages - white pages means that something is broken. A special FAQ article addressed this.
Please try and do some debugging on your own since you have access to your environment.

www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/3949/37/

I do have Artio joomasef installed but it is turned off for the cb component. I was also having no problems with this prior in sh404sef and I have tried with sef turned off. File uploads are turned on in my php ini and the path to GD2library has been successfully auto detected.

I apologize if this is too much info, I'm kind of a noob :)

community builder 1.2 RC 2
Joomla! 1.0.15 Stable
Linux Shared Hosting
PHP version 5.2.6 running on apache server

Post edited by: justinalba, at: 2008/07/11 04:12

I have no idea how Artio sef works and if it is causing problems or not. Try disabling it altogether.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.186 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn