Can not update user profile

15 years 9 months ago #68311 by elsichi
Can not update user profile was created by elsichi
I am new here and I just installed the CB.

I manage to add new user with custom fields, but when I update their
details. Then I got a error message of the following:

moscomprofiler::store failed: Unknown column 'alertKeywords' in 'field
list' SQL=UPDATE jos_comprofiler SET
`user_id`='118',`hits`='0',`message_last_sent`='0000-00-00
00:00:00',`message_number_sent`='0',`avatarapproved`='1',`approved`='1',`confirmed`='1',`registeripaddr`='87.194.106.10',`cbactivation`='',`banned`='0',`acceptedterms`='0',`alertKeywords`='',`usertype2`='u',`lastupdatedate`='2008-07-14
10:47:10',`cb_jobtitle`='designer',`cb_boroughs`='Bexley|*|Lewisham|*|Lambeth',`cb_organisation`='Moot
Design',`cb_eventfocus`='Year 10 students|*|Vocational and Progression
Pathways',`cb_curriculumlinks`='Art|*|Key Skills' WHERE id='118'

Please help me to fix it.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 9 months ago #68318 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Can not update user profile
Is this a first time install?

did you run a CB tools -> db check?

what version of Joomla?

did you install something extra?
(the alertKeywords message smells like you have done something more than just install CB)...

15 years 9 months ago #68321 by elsichi
Replied by elsichi on topic Re:Can not update user profile
Thanks for the quick reply.

I used Joomla! 1.0.15 Stable version.

I have installed other components in the site, before I install CB.

I did use db check tool. it look fined. I really don't know what is the problems

15 years 9 months ago #69080 by rpitera
Replied by rpitera on topic Re:Can not update user profile
Any update on this? I am suffering a similar issue with the 'lastpasswordchange' field.

nant: It sounds like you are pointing to the fact that the field 'alertKeywords' field is not a core db field - could this be the case for the 'lastpasswordchange' field as well?

I know that if I null this field I am able to update profiles without error. But I'd like to know a bit more what the impact and origin is before I go nulling all my users :blink:

Any help would benefit both elsichi and myself and I'd be glad to share any results in this thread to help both of us solve the issue.

15 years 9 months ago #69089 by rpitera
Replied by rpitera on topic Re:Can not update user profile
Well solved my issue myself with some help from this thread! Thanks for the clue, nant!

In my case the field 'lastpasswordchange' is NOT a core field; it's added when you install the Brightcode Password Changer. I installed this briefly to test it, but I have long since uninstalled this (since the 'friend' that 'shared' it with me neglected to mention it was a commercial subscription app - some friend, huh? :blink: ) but apparently it never dropped the field from the table.

So the key here is that if you are getting store errors on profile updates, pay close attention to the field named and see if you can trace it back to a 3PD component that extended the core user fields.

I tried searching the J! forums, extensions, etc. to see if I could find where the 'alertKeywords' field came from , with no luck so far. But I would look for some component that extends the User table functionality.

Hope this helps!

15 years 9 months ago #69094 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Can not update user profile
rpitera wrote:

But I would look for some component that extends the User table functionality.

Any component that alters Joomla code or existing Joomla tables is something I generally tend to avoid.
You would just be asking for trouble ...

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.264 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn