Login to community builder from an external page

15 years 9 months ago #70524 by btushar
Hi all,

I have an external website in ASP. Wanted to integrate joomla with it, i.e a few links point to the ASP pages and the rest talk to joomla. I use CB1.2RC2 to manage members since it rocks.
I am facing a silly problem in the entire integration process.
I have replicated the login module generated HTML and form in my menu on the ASP page without the anti-spam fields. Have disabled the spoof checking part in the com_profiler.php login() function. So am skipping any spoof control in the login function.

I have installed joomla under the domain.com/members directory.

The problem replicates when I start by deleting all the cookies.
When i log in from the domain.com/index.asp page (posting to the "/members/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=login" page). But it fails the first time and gives me the following error "Please log in or register to view or modify your profile." and in the browser title I have "My Profile". In the browser I have the URL "domain.com/members/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=login".
Now from this page if I try to login, it logs in successfully but does not invoke the onAfterLogin trigger which is very important for me to be invoked since I want to set custom cookies in that triggered function to be able to check the logged in user details in my ASP pages.
Could someone please help me out with this strange behaviour?

Am really stuck on this since 2 days.

Regards,
Tushar

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 9 months ago #70789 by Knuddelesel
Replied by Knuddelesel on topic Re:Login to community builder from an external page
I did this with an extra template resolved. In this template, there is only the login module (copy of cb-login modul) the position of this modul i use is eg user9 (not use in reglulaer template). you also net the plugin Template selector
in my mainpage i call the cb-login in a iframe with the custom template (eg login):

[code:1]www.yoursite.com/index.php?template_selector=login[/code:1]

see on my mainpage:

www.knuddelesel.de

probably you need a little experiment:S

... sorry for my bad english :P

15 years 6 months ago #78105 by wazowski
how do you managed to get the redirection URL after login targeting to _parent???

(so that the redirection do not only apply into the iFrame)

J'aime

15 years 6 months ago #78115 by Knuddelesel
Replied by Knuddelesel on topic Re:Login to community builder from an external page
Hello
you must put in the copy of cb_login modul in the configuration under
"Login Redirection URL" the link with the template selector variable eg:

[code:1]
index.php?template_selector=login&Submit=Change&Itemid=61
[/code:1]

the same need for the logout redirection url

... sorry for my bad english:blush:

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.149 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn