Forums, forums, forums

14 years 2 months ago #124771 by rstoffiere
Forums, forums, forums was created by rstoffiere
I think the biggest change I'd like to see is in the forums. I spend a lot of time on this site, most of which is in the forums. They are an absolute disaster to navigate. Far too many categories and sections and subsections...

Clean 'em out first by moving all old-release forums under one area.

Personally, I find the Directory difficult to navigate and, frankly, rather useless. Use the JED for what it's worth and leave this out of the new site.

I would also like to see more robust documentation provided online and not just in PDF form. Would be great to be able to just find my answer online and not have to browse through a doc.

That's what I can think of off the top of my head.

Rick

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 2 months ago #124773 by nant

14 years 2 months ago #124778 by rstoffiere
Replied by rstoffiere on topic Re:Forums, forums, forums
And I will put my money where my mouth is...

As a long-time user of your products, I am willing to put in some sweat equity, if you will, in helping these things along.

Please don't forget that, like me, there are others out here willing to help B)

14 years 2 months ago #124796 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Forums, forums, forums
rstoffiere wrote:

And I will put my money where my mouth is...

As a long-time user of your products, I am willing to put in some sweat equity, if you will, in helping these things along.

Please don't forget that, like me, there are others out here willing to help B)

I totally agree.

Forums are a mess. Partially due to bad moderation, partially due to users just posting anywhere they want and sometimes same posts in multiple areas. Mainly due to old forum component that doesn't have proper permissions and forum functions (like split threads, etc) and also just too many old forum categories.

New website needs a new forum component - maybe a clean start (?) and somehow leave the old threads around for some period (if of course they don't take up quality space).

We are seriously considering new kunena (since we have a good and positive integration and relation with the Kunena development team), but are still open to other suggestions at the moment.

Thank you for your offer - the vote of support is more important than the offer itself.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.151 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn