Joomla 1.6.0 ready CB 1.4 RC released to Professional Members

13 years 2 months ago #153443 by krileon

Quick question: will all CB OFFICIAL team release modules/plugins work with Joomla 1.6?

Yes, very few.. believe only 2.. actually needed upgrading to function on Joomla 1.6. Many plugins use entirely CB API so will have no issues functioning with Joomla 1.6 (this includes all incubator projects).

Will there be a migration tool to migrate profile tabs and fields from J1.5 to J1.6?

Yes, we've been in direct contact with CB Juices developer to help upgrade and prepare it for Joomla 1.6. Officially we will not have a migration tool however, you would need to continue to use CB Juice. Even with that I believe it only migrates users, but direct database export/import of Tabs and Fields is save to do.

montana wrote: What about Joomla 1.0 User? is the new Version Compatible too?

Of course; features full backwards support, but being 2 complete platforms behind I HIGHLY suggest you migrate to at least 1.5. Joomla already officially ended Joomla 1.0, soon Joomla 1.5 will follow am sure. Using an obsolete CMS is generally not recommend.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: AlterNet

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 2 months ago #154022 by darb
Is there an i m p o r t a n t fix for 1.4, 2.0+ ? to the mysql problem on variable char fields
www.joomlapolis.com/forum/146-general/152971-mysql-var-char-problem-and-temp-solution#152971 ? This have been a long term problem and discussed long time...

I really think you should look into this and fix it instead temp fixes though this is a real CB show stopper and also a show stopper for anyone using CB for a web site..

rgds

13 years 2 months ago #154531 by karimalvizo
I am using Joomla CMS 1.6.0 and CB Content (to display fields in modules) is not compatible with such version. :(
I need to fix this asap or I will get fired... :'(

Any solutions to that?

Thank you so much for your great service and products... kuddos to you all. :)

Karim

Karim Alvizo
Creative Director
www.synergu.com & www.4wardmarketing.com

13 years 2 months ago #154532 by nant

karimalvizo wrote: I am using Joomla CMS 1.6.0 and CB Content (to display fields in modules) is not compatible with such version. :(
I need to fix this asap or I will get fired... :'(

Any solutions to that?

Thank you so much for your great service and products... kuddos to you all. :)

Karim

Replied privately ...
The following user(s) said Thank You: karimalvizo

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.206 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn