CB Core Redirect Joomla plugin 1.0 released!

11 years 7 months ago #210497 by samoiyinbo
Replied by samoiyinbo on topic Re: CB Core Redirect Joomla plugin 1.0 released!
This plugin does not work for Joomla 1.5, is there anything for it please
The topic has been locked.
11 years 7 months ago #210501 by nant

samoiyinbo wrote: This plugin does not work for Joomla 1.5, is there anything for it please

That's correct - the announcement clearly states its only available for Joomla 2.5/1.7

Search JED for an existing J15 variation that was released a long time ago - make sure you thank the person for developing it and releasing it for free.
11 years 7 months ago #210509 by samoiyinbo
Please nant do you know the name of the extension. I have searched and installed 2 that claimed could do the work but it didn't
11 years 7 months ago #210510 by samoiyinbo
Regarding the login redirection URL I had to place a link there manually.

I created an article to welcome people who login and I was able to do a manual link mod_cblogin > Login Redirection URL ( inserted link to the article).

Please this article is supposed to be a welcome article or message which would show their name and further information. Please how can I reflect the person's name automatically when he or she logs in.

Or Is there a better way to show a welcome message?

Thanks
Thanks
11 years 5 months ago #215173 by ThePiston
Replied by ThePiston on topic Re: CB Core Redirect Joomla plugin 1.0 released!
will this work for J3.x?

CB 2.3, CBsubs 4.3, PHP 7.1, J! 3.9.X
11 years 4 months ago #218097 by brianklucas
Replied by brianklucas on topic Re: CB Core Redirect Joomla plugin 1.0 released!
Thanks for this plug-in! It solved my problem of having the Joomla login component sneak in from unexpected places.

There is one thing I can't get to work, and others seem to be having this problem, too. I am on Joomla! 2.5.8 Stable [ Ember ] 8-November-2012 14:00 GMT, and my test case is:
1) I have a menu item set to Public access that points to an article that is at Registered access.
2) With this plug-in installed, when I am not logged in, and choose the menu item, Joomla throws an authorization error and no redirect happens.
3) So...I found a hack on the forge to change /components/com_content/views/article/view.html.php to redirect the authorization error to com_user - replace JError::raiseWarning(403, JText::_('JERROR_ALERTNOAUTHOR')); with $referer= $_SERVER; $app->redirect(JRoute::_('index.php?option=com_users&view=login&return='.base64_encode($referer))); This worked, and the redirect to CB login happens now.
4) However, when I login during the redirect, I get the home page instead of the originally requested URL. And if I register instead, I get a CB 'you may now login page'.

Any ideas how I can get CB Login to forward through to the original URL after login and registration?

I can provide a test URL if that helps but I'd rather not post it here. :unsure:

Any help or hints would be appreciated. And thanks again for the redirect plugin!
Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.370 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn