New CB Activity streams encourage community participation

11 years 10 months ago #203545 by pepperstreet
Wow, I am so excited about it! When did you find time to create it ;-) I was about to buy a 3rd-party solution. Hopefully, I can give it a test spin this week. All thumbs up for your efforts and the incubator projects (they justify the new pricing policy).

BTW, does it have an API? Or some docs how to integrate other joomla extensions?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 10 months ago #203556 by krileon
There are a couple ways you can add new entries. You can directly insert a new entry into the database as it's specifically designed to be generic. You can use the below method being used in the plugin file (requires CB API to be present and plugin loaded).
$activity	=	new cbactivityActivity( $_CB_database );

$activity->set( 'user_id', (int) $user->get( 'id' ) );
$activity->set( 'type', 'profile' );
$activity->set( 'subtype', 'registration' );
$activity->set( 'title', 'has joined [sitename_linked]' );
$activity->set( 'icon', 'nameplate' );
$activity->set( 'date', cbactivityClass::getUTCDate() );

$activity->store();

Below is similar to the above, but it uses data API to grab an object (empty or otherwise).
$activity	=	cbactivityData::getActivity( array( 'id', '=', $id ), null, null, false );

$activity->set( 'user_id', (int) $user->get( 'id' ) );
$activity->set( 'type', 'profile' );
$activity->set( 'subtype', 'registration' );
$activity->set( 'title', 'has joined [sitename_linked]' );
$activity->set( 'icon', 'nameplate' );
$activity->set( 'date', cbactivityClass::getUTCDate() );

$activity->store();

I recommend reviewing plugin.cbactivity.php to see various additions. There are over 400 icons powered by glyphicons.com/. You can download the free package to see what they all look like. The icon name you'd use is just the name of the icon (e.g. "nameplate").

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: pepperstreet

11 years 10 months ago #204243 by Josh Lewis
It would be awesome if articles were supported as well! Very pleased to see CB going in a very good direction. :cheer:

11 years 9 months ago #204716 by socialfan
I am useing joomgallery now.

I think the component is very well done and supports CB for a long time.

What do you think to provide integration for Joomgallery?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Josh Lewis, pepperstreet

11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #204726 by Josh Lewis
Thanks for voicing my opinion. Eventually I would love to see Joomgallery supported as well in the activity stream. :cheer: This is my favorite gallery component for Joomla which supports CB.

11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 4 months ago #204754 by pepperstreet
@socialfan
@Josh Lewis

I have created a topic in JoomGallery forum ;-)

EDIT:
Was advised to create a UserVoice topic for voting :
The following user(s) said Thank You: socialfan

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.313 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn