GroupJive 2.6 released with new clean bootstrap look

11 years 5 months ago #215778 by nant
This thread discusses the announcement " GroupJive 2.6 released with new clean bootstrap look ".

Kyle, this is totally awesome!!!

I am using it on a new site and the possibilities are endless.

I have private groups, private forums, invite groups, a combination of everything.

And the forum integration is fantastic!

If I make a user a group moderator he automatically becomes a Kunena foru moderator for that group discussion area!!!

You thought of everything.

Great job!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: darb, lavsteph, jojo12, pepperstreet

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 5 months ago #215954 by mbolembach
I just installed 2.6 and the appearance is far worse than with 2.5.3 -- on my site at least. Unfortunately, I did not take a screen cap of the way things looked in 2.5.3. Can I install 2.5.3 over 2.6 so I can take screen caps to show the difference?

And no, I didn't back up before installing 2.6. :blush:

11 years 5 months ago #216002 by pepperstreet

... clean new bootstrap look ...

Does it mean by default? It seems to be BS look every time. The template changer in backend still offers the usual styles... but it does not change the style anymore?!

11 years 5 months ago #216007 by krileon
The only template supported now is "Default". The others were not upgraded and likely won't work. You must re-select your template from backend.

Now if you want a new color theme you simply use the below tool to generate it.

stylebootstrap.info/

Once generated name it "override.css" and place it in a new template folder. Now edit it and prefix all the selectors with "#cbGj #cbGjInner" (without quotes). Most IDEs can do this with REGEX making it fairly quick. The below REGEX is what you'd use (what I use for example). Now select your new template from GJ backend and you've Bootstrap with responsive design in any color theme you could want.

Note: REGEX is provided in attached file as forums are rejecting it.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: lavsteph, pepperstreet

11 years 5 months ago #216020 by pepperstreet

krileon wrote: ... stylebootstrap.info ...

You never stop learning... thanks for the link.
OMG, somehow the BS-hype scares me.

11 years 5 months ago #216057 by mbolembach
So, I looked into it more this morning. The problem stems from GJ using blockquote within the div in various places, as the following example from Categories Overview shows:

<div class="gjContentBodyInfo">
<blockquote>Groups that span multiple teams (e.g., Booster Club, Booster Club Officers, Donors, etc.)</blockquote>
</div>

My site's template (RocketTheme Modulus) has a large open quotation mark graphic to start a blockquote and this is what's appearing in many places, including posts. IMO it looks terrible. 2.5.3 was much cleaner.

Can you provide recommendations on how to approach this problem? Should I change the CSS for GroupJive or for the site?

Sorry for the newbie questions.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.602 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn