Community Builder 2.0 RC date announcement

9 years 9 months ago - 9 years 9 months ago #247487 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Community Builder 2.0 RC date announcement

How much js and css including BS (if minified) will it load when viewing the CB Profile page (for example)? I am trying to work out an approximate page load speed.

Depends on what is being used. We don't use Bootstrap JS so that's not loaded at all. In most cases you can expect core jQuery and jQuery UI as quite a bit of usages use it. Our tabs are now a jQuery plugin so that would be another. I would expected at minimum 3 jQuery plugins. jQuery, jQuery UI, and cbTabs minified totals 323 KB at this time. Most of our jQuery plugins are anywhere from 1-100 KB with jQuery UI being the largest. So I wouldn't expect much if any impact to page load speed.

CSS wise we include the template, Bootstrap, and Fontawesome. We don't minify CSS at this time though, but they are compressed to not have wasted space. Currently all 3 loaded total 275 KB.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 9 months ago - 9 years 9 months ago #247489 by nant

krileon wrote:

1) Do you have an approx ETA on when the 2.0 stable release will be out? I completely understand it has to do with the number of bugs reported and fixed in the RC release, but just a rough idea will be helpful since it gives me an idea on how approach this in my project.

Hopefully before end of this month.

Please understand that Kyle's statement is not by no means a release date.

We do not give release dates for moving targets.

The reason we have a release date for the RC release (the announcement this thread is discussing) is that we fixed the last show-stopper that was identified during the beta process.

The RC process is just as important and even more critical.

The more people that participate in RC testing the quicker all issues will be identified and this will lead to fixing the identified issues.

No ETA can be given, so please keep this in mind.

Kyle, Beat and myself along with many others testing and reporting are doing the best we can to deliver a high quality result.

9 years 9 months ago #247490 by nant

Mr_Anonymous wrote: As a feedback, I hoped you had like a basic plan that is a bit cheaper than Advanced membership. Something in between Free and Advanced will be really good for users like me. Just my view. :)

Thanks for feedback.

Keep in mind that our paid membership plans are 12 month plans (other commercial extensions are offered on a much shorter duration - even 3 months or 1 month).
Also suggest you follow our newsletters as we often run promotion discounts that could help users like you.

9 years 9 months ago #247491 by Mr_Anonymous
Replied by Mr_Anonymous on topic Community Builder 2.0 RC date announcement
Thank you Kyle. Your info is really helpful.

@Nick. I absolutely understand. Atleast I know what the target date is for now but delays are ofcourse unforeseen and you wont know until RC is released. That is understandable.

Cheers!
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.214 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn