problem with profilebook

15 years 6 months ago #76180 by zerocold
problem with profilebook was created by zerocold
I have this problem after i update to RC3 .. well i guest i did not do proper update .. i able to only visit my profile that have been configure profilebook .. other user profile that do not have configure profilebook .. will give this error

--

Fatal error: Cannot access empty property in /homepages/14/d208218521/htdocs/khmeroc15fn/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbprofilebook/cb.profilebook.php on line 591

---

when i visit their profile .. does any way to fix this ?

Just A Monkey

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 6 months ago #76203 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:problem with profilebook
This happens when it attempts to validate the field used to configure the plugin.

You need to set the default settings for the plugin so if users don't configure their personal settings it'll fall back to default and work properly.

The alternative is open cb.profilebook.php and comment out line 591.

This will prevent the error from generating.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

15 years 6 months ago #76256 by zerocold
Replied by zerocold on topic Re:problem with profilebook
i found solution to it because of one field in profile book.

But i see new error .. look at the screen shot ..

some how the rate system it show the language key instant of what it mean

how do i fix this ? i know we got a lot language file i am not sure which one i need to replace ..

Ahh it wont let me upload image .. after it give me an error.

Post edited by: zerocold, at: 2008/10/03 23:19

Just A Monkey
Attachments:

15 years 6 months ago #76258 by zerocold
just add to last post since it wont let me upload image again ..

here is an example link to a user profile.

khmeroc.com/my-profile/userprofile/bOnG_BG.html

Just A Monkey
Attachments:

15 years 6 months ago #76268 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:problem with profilebook
You need to add:
[code:1]
DEFINE('_VOTE_POOR','Poor');
DEFINE('_VOTE_BEST','Best');
[/code:1]

To:
\components\com_comprofiler\plugin\language\default_language\default_language.php

Just add it at the very end of the language file. This file controls language usually for ALL plugins. Will also overwrite plugin language files.

You can also try adding it to the ProfileBook language file here:
\components\com_comprofiler\plugin\user\plug_cbprofilebook\language\english.php

Doesn't have to be english, but you get the point.

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2008/10/04 02:12

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

15 years 6 months ago #76275 by zerocold
Thank You Every Much It is work like Charm i guest this is apply the same concept to fireboard .. but i edit that fireboard setting and manual enter the data already ..

I take my word back .. when i hard code in fireboard forum setting it does not function like what it is suppose to do at all . i end up with another mess -_- ..

Post edited by: zerocold, at: 2008/10/04 03:07

Just A Monkey

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.267 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn