plug missing files

15 years 6 months ago #76248 by romszone
plug missing files was created by romszone
How do we get the old Plugins working with RC3. I just started making one (a few weeks ago) and I was using the hello world plugin as a base, but now it is telling me "plug missing files".

thanks

Post edited by: romszone, at: 2008/10/03 21:36

CMS TopSites
Lets Affiliates automatically trade links with your Joomla / Mambo site and more...
View the Open Source project and Demo at 9zr.net/

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 6 months ago #76252 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:plug missing files
They're still working on the documents, but if it's of any help the plugins still work for me.

Did you make sure to put a blank index.html with it?

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2008/10/03 22:40

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

15 years 6 months ago #76271 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:plug missing files
romszone wrote:

How do we get the old Plugins working with RC3. I just started making one (a few weeks ago) and I was using the hello world plugin as a base, but now it is telling me "plug missing files".

thanks

Post edited by: romszone, at: 2008/10/03 21:36

You need to reinstall the plugins you had before after the cb upgrade (don't delete the plugins which are striked text in the plugin manager, just reinstall).

CB uninstallation removes those files, but not the database and plugin and tabs parameters (unless you uninstall the plugin)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

15 years 6 months ago #76872 by romszone
Replied by romszone on topic Re:plug missing files
Thanks, that explains it.

I was developing/editing my plugin right in the plugin folder of CB. So during the upgrade I lost all my source code since the files were removed. It was my fault for not clearly reading the upgrade doc, but it is ok. It was not too much work that I lost.

CMS TopSites
Lets Affiliates automatically trade links with your Joomla / Mambo site and more...
View the Open Source project and Demo at 9zr.net/

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.195 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn