Custom field validation

15 years 6 months ago #76333 by cpmdoc
Custom field validation was created by cpmdoc
I am trying to find the time to update to 1.2 RC3 and I need to know whether the custom field validation will enable me to set up a basic coupon type registration:

i.e. a coupon field is set up as obligatory and is validated such that it must match a particular value.

This would then be a perfect stop gap waiting for the subscription module release rather than having to go down the AEC component running in legacy mode.

Thanks to anyone who can answer this quesiton...sorry I haven't the time to find out for myself.

Chris

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 6 months ago #76339 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Custom field validation
cpmdoc wrote:

I am trying to find the time to update to 1.2 RC3 and I need to know whether the custom field validation will enable me to set up a basic coupon type registration:

i.e. a coupon field is set up as obligatory and is validated such that it must match a particular value.

This would then be a perfect stop gap waiting for the subscription module release rather than having to go down the AEC component running in legacy mode.

Thanks to anyone who can answer this quesiton...sorry I haven't the time to find out for myself.

Chris

Yes, in CB 1.2 RC 3 you can. You can actually do way more complex validations, using regular expressions (regexp). :)

+ validations are only server-side, so no-one will guess the code looking at page source ;)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

15 years 6 months ago #76845 by wrongjon
Replied by wrongjon on topic Re:Custom field validation
hi beat
Can rc3 do cross field validation? Eg if you ticked the previous box then this next field can't be empty?

Also is there any way to allow file upload at registration? We need users to be able to upload a resume PDF or doc.

I was wondering if I could easily copy and modify the code used for letting them upload a photo?

I have a deadline of next wed :(

Thanks
Jonathan

15 years 6 months ago #77107 by flyingwombats
Replied by flyingwombats on topic Re:Custom field validation
You could create a HTML editor field and use JCE with it's file manager to allow users to upload files. This may be a bit overkill for what you need but until someone writes a simple file upload plugin, it's probably your best option.

15 years 6 months ago #77108 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Custom field validation
wrongjon wrote:

hi beat
Can rc3 do cross field validation? Eg if you ticked the previous box then this next field can't be empty?

nope - not without writing a plugin.

Also is there any way to allow file upload at registration? We need users to be able to upload a resume PDF or doc.

I was wondering if I could easily copy and modify the code used for letting them upload a photo?

I have a deadline of next wed :(

Thanks
Jonathan

Doable as a fields plugin - more than just a copy of code is needed.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.358 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn