CB Online - hide me

15 years 7 months ago #76347 by hjohn1
CB Online - hide me was created by hjohn1
I was under the impression that prior to upgrading to RC3, I was annonymous on my site when I logged in with my administrator account.

According to Firboard, I'm hidden...

When I logged in on another browser and different account (at the same time), I was surprised to see my administrator account listed on the CB Online module.

Did I miss a setting when I upgraded? I followed all the steps and many if not all my settings were restored when I finished the process.

If it has never been on there, it would be a nice option. Keeps people from paging you when you are trying to work on the site.

In the meantime, is there some code I can insert into my mod_comprofileronline.php file... like some exclusion if userid xx?

Thanks for the heads up... and yes I did search, but gave up after a few pages :evil:

John

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 7 months ago #76348 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:CB Online - hide me
I haven't tested this as I do not user the who's online module, but I attempted to give a whack at it.

Open mod_comprofileronline.php

and locate:
[code:1]
$query = "SELECT DISTINCT a.username, a.userid, u.name"
."\n FROM #__session AS a, #__users AS u"
."\n WHERE (a.userid = u.id) AND (a.guest = 0) AND "
. ( ( checkJversion() == 1 ) ? "(a.client_id = 0)" : "(NOT ( a.usertype is NULL OR a.usertype = ''))" )
."\n ORDER BY " . ( ( $ueConfig > 2 ) ? "a.username" : "u.name" ) . " ASC";
[/code:1]

Try changing it to:
[code:1]
$query = "SELECT DISTINCT a.username, a.userid, u.name"
."\n FROM #__session AS a, #__users AS u"
."\n WHERE (a.userid = u.id) AND (a.guest = 0) AND "
. ( ( checkJversion() == 1 ) ? "(a.client_id = 0)" : "(NOT ( a.usertype is NULL OR a.usertype = ''))" )
."\n AND (NOT (a.usertype = 'administrator' OR a.usertype = 'super administrator'))"
."\n ORDER BY " . ( ( $ueConfig > 2 ) ? "a.username" : "u.name" ) . " ASC";
[/code:1]

I have not tested this, but it might work. If not it gives you an idea of what you need to do. You can exclude the usertype from the query all together.

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2008/10/05 01:13

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

15 years 7 months ago #76437 by hjohn1
Replied by hjohn1 on topic Re:CB Online - hide me
Krileon,

Thanks, it worked perfectly.

Page seems to take time to load, but I'm guessing that just the server 'burping' again.

Thanks again,

John

15 years 7 months ago #76447 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:CB Online - hide me
NP, you'll always have a delay with any component or module that does a database query. Just typical server behavior.

You might want to consider a more powerful host if you're having "hick ups" on your site, but this all depends on how much traffic you're getting.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.252 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn