[solved] Can't update older user profiles

15 years 6 months ago #76767 by GVDub
I've done a upgrade to 1.2RC3, meticulously following the directions in the read_me file. I can register a new user and edit their profile. However, when I try and update older user profiles (registered under 1.1.x) I get the message that "that email address already exists" and the update doesn't go through. This happens from both the backend at Components>Community Builder>User Management, or when trying to update my profile from the frontend logged in as the user trying to update my own profile. I have gone into Components>Community Bulder>Tools and synchronized users, checked the CB database, checked the User database, and, just to be complete, checked my plug-ins. Everything checks okay, but I still can't update older profiles. Ideas? Suggestions?

Version Info:
Joomla 1.5.6
CB 1.2rc3
MySQL 5.0.45
PHP 5.2.2

Post edited by: GVDub, at: 2008/10/08 19:46

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 6 months ago #76770 by GVDub
Ah-hah! found the issue. When I set up the site, I used the same email for the super-administrator user and for my everyday user account (so I didn't have super-admin capabilities when I was just logged on using the site). That duplication of email messed it up. Having changed the email on one of those brought everything back into alignment. doh!:whistle:

15 years 6 months ago #77493 by network92
Replied by network92 on topic Re:[solved] Can't update older user profiles
I have the same problem I can't edit user ... I get the message that "that login or password already exists" I dont' understand ...

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.303 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn