Feature of RC3? - found in plugin.class.php

15 years 6 months ago #76882 by moseleysc
Hello all,

I hope this is in the correct board. I'm new to Community Builder but not Joomla or Programming.

I did some searching and it doesn't seem that you can change the layout from tables to divs - I even have the detailed documentation and I don't find anything in it.

However, in plugin.class.php (and other places) I find the following:

[code:1]
switch ( $formatting ) {
case 'table':
// ?
break;
case 'div':[/code:1]

If I hardcode the $formatting variable, it changes the layout from Tables to Divs. Is there a configuration value that I'm missing? I'd love to do this the right way instead of hard coding it.

Sorry if this is not a feature of RC3 and it is in the wrong board....

Steve

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 6 months ago #76888 by beat
;) It's work in progress ;)

We are 50% done on this CB 1.3 feature, and you see already a part of the code in CB 1.2 RC 3 :)

You will have to hardcode that value in the calls to these functions in comprofiler.class.php for now.

Most fields should be outputed right, but it will break for quite sure with CB plugins tabs which will still be outputing table rows.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

15 years 6 months ago #76922 by moseleysc
Replied by moseleysc on topic Re:Feature of RC3? - found in plugin.class.php
Cool - That will be nice to have.

Ok - so if it will break the plugin tabs, I have a question - Would it be possible to hard-code it just for the registration form? I'm trying to style the form, and Divs are a bit easier for what I'm trying to do.

Thanks for the reply.

15 years 6 months ago #76923 by beat
moseleysc wrote:

Cool - That will be nice to have.

Ok - so if it will break the plugin tabs, I have a question - Would it be possible to hard-code it just for the registration form? I'm trying to style the form, and Divs are a bit easier for what I'm trying to do.

Thanks for the reply.

yes, you can of course try, then check markup validity...no warranty...

Let us know how it works, and what fixes you needed to do. ;)

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

15 years 6 months ago #76945 by moseleysc
Replied by moseleysc on topic Re:Feature of RC3? - found in plugin.class.php
Where would the best place be to do this? I see there is a flag in plugin.class.php for reason. Would this be an ok place to do it and not bring things crashing around me :) Just asking your opinion - you would know much better than I would. :)

Thanks.

15 years 6 months ago #76949 by beat
moseleysc wrote:

Where would the best place be to do this? I see there is a flag in plugin.class.php for reason. Would this be an ok place to do it and not bring things crashing around me :) Just asking your opinion - you would know much better than I would. :)

Thanks.

Really, you can try changing the default value in plugin.class.php and check result... ;-)

I did some quick tests to check for the code, but didn't yet make complete tests. It's WIP (work in progress), you're on the bleeding edge... :)

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.237 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn