Overlibs

15 years 6 months ago #77034 by krileon
Overlibs was created by krileon
Any suggestions as to why overlibs are failing to work?

My local server they work fine. My host they do not.

Same appears to be happening here. None of the overlibs work.

It's just javascript so I wonder what could be doing this.

*Update*
think I might have found the issue. Server is down so I can't test it, but it seams logical.

Inside of overlib_mini.js the javascript seams to go haywire on line 217 due to . There's 2 open quotes sitting inside there for absolutely no reason. I checked. They don't close anything, lol. So I deleted them. Overlibs still working, but haven't been able to test on my live site yet.

Will report back what happens, but hopefully it fixes it.

What I see though is 2 open quotes messing up half the code. Perhaps my windows server is capable of seeing past it, but maybe the unix isn't. I don't really know, but I intend to find out.

Have to get these overlibs working. No exceptions, heh.

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2008/10/12 00:41

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 6 months ago #77059 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Overlibs
Found the problem.

Open:
[code:1]
/includes/js/overlib_mini.js
[/code:1]

Locate line: 217 and find the following:
!//

Change it to:
!/[]/

This will fix it for joomla. Do the same to:
/components/com_comprofiler/js/overlib_mini.js

Overlibs will now work. I suggest ya CB team make this modification for future releases as well so it'll work out the box. You also need to apply this fix to your own website.

I'm also going to provide everyone with the most up to date version of overlib (4.22) as CB and joomla only use 4.21. 4.22 has some good fixes in it.

This file is also repaired. Simply drag and drop and you're good to go.

Attachment overlib_fix.zip not found

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2008/10/12 02:18

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.150 seconds