How to upgrade from 1.1 ...?

15 years 7 months ago #77061 by dtarver
How to upgrade from 1.1 ...? was created by dtarver
Hi

I have Community Builder 1.1 from 8-8-2007

I use DocMan and other components and modules at www.e-projectmanagers.com

I would like to add the ability for people to recover their lost password AND user id. Is this possible? If not, can I upgrade to R2?

Thank you :-)
Dora Tarver
www.e-projectmanagers.com

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 7 months ago #77077 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:How to upgrade from 1.1 ...?
CB 1.2 RC3 (and all previous RC) has detailed upgrade instructions in README file located in package.

15 years 7 months ago #77103 by dtarver
Replied by dtarver on topic Re:How to upgrade from 1.1 ...?
Are you saying that since I am on 1.1 all I need to do is download the package for 1.2 RC3? Where is htat located. I see "updated for CB 1.2 RC2" but not RC3.

Thank you

15 years 7 months ago #77106 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:How to upgrade from 1.1 ...?
dtarver wrote:

Are you saying that since I am on 1.1 all I need to do is download the package for 1.2 RC3? Where is htat located. I see "updated for CB 1.2 RC2" but not RC3.

Thank you

Latest CB 1.2 release candidate is RC3 - also only available to doc subscribers.

I am saying that upgrading from 1.1 is easy - just answering your first question.

15 years 5 months ago #80885 by tsilvereagle
Replied by tsilvereagle on topic Re:How to upgrade from 1.1 ...?
nant wrote:

dtarver wrote:

Thank you

Latest CB 1.2 release candidate is RC3 - also only available to doc subscribers.

I am saying that upgrading from 1.1 is easy - just answering your first question.

How easy? lol Will gladly pay the subscription fee... with just a bit more reassurance :) (I see that Murphy guy lurking around me...)

15 years 5 months ago #80889 by ckayfish
Replied by ckayfish on topic Re:How to upgrade from 1.1 ...?

How easy? lol Will gladly pay the subscription fee... with just a bit more reassurance :) (I see that Murphy guy lurking around me...)

I can confirm that the upgrade is straight forward. Always, always, always back up your database & files before upgrading, but there should be no issues. The basic instructions are well documented.

If your site is commercial and/or very important to you, and you are not that well versed in Joomla! & Community builder it could also be worth paying someone more experienced ($20 - $50) to to all of this (including the backups) for you, but if you back up and can follow instructions this should not be nessesary.

Tips for understanding and solving your issue - Props to Krileon for creating this.
My Opensource CB Plugins: Mutual Connections and MYCB Cookie available here

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.213 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn