Freelance support needed

15 years 6 months ago #77087 by eckhard
Freelance support needed was created by eckhard
Our site www.ningbolife.com using RC3 has some serious problems
1. CB captcha is still hidden in the site and blocking the email and recover. It is uninstalled but something is still "IN"
2. When registered and going to the profile , site is crashing. "30 seconds time out"

Even we are a non profit site, we would be willing to pay a reasonable (small) amount to a freelance that is strong on CB and could fix the problem without data loss.
Please get in touch with us and support our good cause.
Thanks
Eckhard

Post edited by: eckhard, at: 2008/10/12 13:59

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 6 months ago #77091 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Freelance support needed
Time out at profile? Sounds like a bad plugin.

Inspect your webhosts error logs and see if it's trying to call a file that doesn't exist as this will time your site out.

Captcha not working I'm not sure why it'd do that. Re-install the latest captcha and make sure no other captcha plugin is installed.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

15 years 6 months ago #77146 by eckhard
Replied by eckhard on topic Re:Freelance support needed
Yes it is right a plug in is causing the trouble.
However I did completely re-install the RC3, just to be on the save site.
Do you have any advise which gallery is working "perfectly" with CB and integration. I did the pony and CB gallery, but never could find the way how pictures could be uploaded from front end.

Usually I am not a dummy, but with the gallery i feel like on :-(
Thanks

15 years 6 months ago #77150 by krileon
I used joomgallery (newer version of ponygallery), but I've HEAVILY modified it. My version is actually stable, lol. Then just use a plugin for it.

Got it setup to allow personal galleries and such. Each user can have their own categories too.

Also supports imagemagick processing, which is a must have for image galleries.

You can try maybe a coppermine bridge, but never used it so can't help much there.

You probably couldn't get it working, because you need to set categories for ur users to upload to. You need to make 1 category in the backend then set it in the options for them to be allowed to upload to it.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

15 years 6 months ago #77285 by zecaffe
Replied by zecaffe on topic Re:Freelance support needed
krileon wrote:

I used joomgallery (newer version of ponygallery), but I've HEAVILY modified it. My version is actually stable, lol. Then just use a plugin for it.

Got it setup to allow personal galleries and such. Each user can have their own categories too.

Also supports imagemagick processing, which is a must have for image galleries.

You can try maybe a coppermine bridge, but never used it so can't help much there.

You probably couldn't get it working, because you need to set categories for ur users to upload to. You need to make 1 category in the backend then set it in the options for them to be allowed to upload to it.

can u sahre your site ... i wanna see your gallery ... i will use that gallery too ...but just waiting for one cb plugin for showing tagged pictures (cb tags tab) ...

sry 4 bad eng ....

15 years 6 months ago #77291 by krileon
Site is not officially launched yet. Registration is disabled, but yes you may view it here .

That's a direct link to my profile.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.268 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn