Automatic user as publisher

15 years 6 months ago #77302 by jam900blue
Automatic user as publisher was created by jam900blue
Hi i am using RC3 and was wondering if there was a way to automate the process of adding a user as an author??

I was thinking to add a password field to the suer registration form and then if they type in the right password they will be set as an editor?

Is this possible or is there another way to do this?

Also is there anyway of widening the title fields on the registration form?

Any Help much appreciated.

Thanks!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 6 months ago #77306 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Automatic user as publisher
Hmm... make a plugin that does an UPDATE query on the users table in your database.

Be fairly simple to do. Do you want EVERYONE to be a publisher or only those who selected to be one? That's doable too with a plugin.

The plugin will need to check if they're already a publisher. If they are then ignore the plugin. If they aren't and field XYZ is equal to XYZ then update users table set XYZ equal XYZ where useid equal XYZ.

Something of that sort, but it is doable.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

15 years 6 months ago #77310 by jam900blue
Replied by jam900blue on topic Re:Automatic user as publisher
Hi many thanks for your quick reply,

I would want the users who put in the correct password to be a publisher. Is there a plugin out there you know off because i would have no idea how to do that!

Thanks

15 years 6 months ago #77322 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Automatic user as publisher
Hmmm.. one probably exists with something similar to what you're wanting, but I do not know of any.

Yes it's possible to set it as a password. Doesn't matter what the input is as it'll do the check based on the databases entry. So it'll read it properly regardless.

If you don't know how then now is a time to learn. Developing a social network takes a lot of time, effort, and work. You can't point + click forever. So grab the documents and read read read. Then play around with making plugins on a local server.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.174 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn