Direct access to this location is not allowed

15 years 6 months ago #77663 by cassius
Hi, I have just done a fresh install of CB 1.2 RC3 in a dev enviorment with Joomla 1.5.6

I tried to create a plugin based on the helloworld examples and it installed without error but I am getting the error message

"Direct access to this location is not allowed"

when I try to view the plugin details through the back end. So then I tried to install the helloworld example (which installed successfully) and I get the same behavior.

Is there some sort of resource I can use to trouble-shoot this or could somebody explain (at least in general terms) why this error message appears?

Thank you.

cassius

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 6 months ago #77675 by nant
cassius wrote:

Hi, I have just done a fresh install of CB 1.2 RC3 in a dev enviorment with Joomla 1.5.6

I tried to create a plugin based on the helloworld examples and it installed without error but I am getting the error message

"Direct access to this location is not allowed"

when I try to view the plugin details through the back end. So then I tried to install the helloworld example (which installed successfully) and I get the same behavior.

Is there some sort of resource I can use to trouble-shoot this or could somebody explain (at least in general terms) why this error message appears?

Thank you.

cassius

sounds like your plugin is using legacy functions - so you need to enable legacy in Joomla 1.5.X.

The helloworld articles will be rewritten after CB 1.2 goes stable in order to take advantage of new CB 1.2 API and this be automatically native.

15 years 6 months ago #77742 by cassius
Thank you, Nick.

That worked.

Now -- I would liek to turn legacy mode off is possible. Can you point me in the direction of a plugin that is compatible with the 1.5 native? It doesn't matter how complex (but the simpler the better, of course). I think I have the hang of this.

15 years 6 months ago #77753 by nant
cassius wrote:

Thank you, Nick.

That worked.

Now -- I would liek to turn legacy mode off is possible. Can you point me in the direction of a plugin that is compatible with the 1.5 native? It doesn't matter how complex (but the simpler the better, of course). I think I have the hang of this.

What extra CB plugins did you install?

All built-in CB Plugins (forum, pms, yanc) distributed with CB 1.2 RC3 do not need legacy enabled.

Also the CB Captcha 2.2 plugin is CB 1.2 compatible, so it also does not need legacy enabled.

After CB 1.2 goes stable, the CB Team will release a new CB profilebook, CB gallery, CB lastvisitors, Cb autowelcome plugin - all CB 1.2 ready.

Also, at this time we will update our API documentation and give guidelines to CB plugin developers regarding steps they should take to make there plugins CB 1.2 ready and thus Joomla native.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.163 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn