user approval issue

15 years 6 months ago #77679 by mossnader
user approval issue was created by mossnader
i have configured CB to register users without admin approval, only confirmation email from user and then user should be able to login? but it didn't work !
after user had registerd and confirmed, CB wouldn't let user in and got this message:
[Your registration process is not yet complete! Please check again your email for further instructions that have just been resent. If you don't find the email, check your spam-box. Make sure that your email account options are not set to immediately delete spam. If that was the case, just try logging in again to receive a new instructions email.]
i tried everything, but it wouldn't work, can someone help me with that? because it turned the whole registration to a nightmare!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 6 months ago #77680 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:user approval issue
mossnader wrote:

i have configured CB to register users without admin approval, only confirmation email from user and then user should be able to login? but it didn't work !
after user had registerd and confirmed, CB wouldn't let user in and got this message:
[Your registration process is not yet complete! Please check again your email for further instructions that have just been resent. If you don't find the email, check your spam-box. Make sure that your email account options are not set to immediately delete spam. If that was the case, just try logging in again to receive a new instructions email.]
i tried everything, but it wouldn't work, can someone help me with that? because it turned the whole registration to a nightmare!

What happens when the user clicks on the confirmation link located in the email?

15 years 6 months ago #77683 by mossnader
Replied by mossnader on topic user approval issue 2
when user clicks on confirmation link, he got the following message
[Activation Complete!
Your Account has been successfully activated. You can now log in using the username and password you chose during the registration]
but if tried to log in , he can't and get the message i sent in previous post

15 years 6 months ago #77691 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:user approval issue 2
mossnader wrote:

when user clicks on confirmation link, he got the following message
[Activation Complete!
Your Account has been successfully activated. You can now log in using the username and password you chose during the registration]
but if tried to log in , he can't and get the message i sent in previous post

run cb tools -> db check and report back findings.

are you using cb login module?

what version of joomla?

any sef component?

15 years 6 months ago #77777 by mossnader
Replied by mossnader on topic Re:user approval issue
i'm using joomla 1.5.7 with sh404sef installed and i disabled the default login module and enabled cblogin module, however after registration process, the user can't login and have to wait for approval.
after extensive troubleshooting, i found only two fixes for this issue (both arn't practical):
1-go to backend admin and view user contact info and then save it, and user now is confirmed and approved!
2-go to CB tools and synchronize with joomla users table, i have to do this for each new user registration!, and that confirmed that CB users table does,t synchronized automatically with joomla default users table for each new registration?!!
cheers

Post edited by: mossnader, at: 2008/10/20 01:23

15 years 6 months ago #77858 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:user approval issue 2
nant wrote:
run cb tools -> db check and report back findings.
[/quote]

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.239 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn