Location of CSS and JS calls

15 years 6 months ago #77727 by moseleysc
Location of CSS and JS calls was created by moseleysc
Hello all,

I'm building a site for a client, and there are quite a few modules, components, and external scripts, so I'm trying to optimize speed as much as possible.

For smaller modules, and components that are easy to change, I've been combining js and css files in a php script and compressing them. This works great overall, but I can't find where CB calls them. Is it somewhere in comprofiler.html.php or somewhere else?

There are a few files like jquery that I already have loaded on my site too.

This would really help me out if I could find where the css and js calls come from (just for the front end).

Thanks.

Steve

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 6 months ago #77730 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Location of CSS and JS calls
This really isn't going to do a whole lot other then making it extremely frustrating to upgrade later on.

Attempted this on my site at first, but became more of a hassle for maybe 1 second faster loading time. with today's majority on highspeeds it's not much of an issue as it used to be.

Enable caching for your site via joomla backend and you'll be all set. If the site doesn't update often then set a high cache refresh time and it'll be blazing fast.

But if you're still interested. They're in:
[code:1]
/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/comprofiler.class.php

/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/plugin.foundation.php
[/code:1]

Plus various plugins.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

15 years 6 months ago #77733 by moseleysc
Replied by moseleysc on topic Re:Location of CSS and JS calls
Well - if you saw how many components and modules I have on the site, you'd realize that combining helps quite a bit. And - the site is going to be updated relatively frequently so the cache won't help out as much as it could.

Although I agree about the availability of highspeeds, there are still a bunch of people in the US that only have DSL for highspeed - and a sight pushing 300k can take a little bit. Plus, just because we don't HAVE to doesn't mean we shouldn't.

Anyhoo - I've gone through most of those files before. I've commented some of those out, finding that they are needed and loaded in the Backend of Joomla.

I did that for the CSS file, figuring it only would be for the profile area, but I found they put admin stuff in the template.css file!

Any idea where the js and css files are called in the code for the front output alone?

Thanks.

15 years 6 months ago #77734 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Location of CSS and JS calls
The css and javascript for front and back are linked.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.202 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn