Blank configuration panel

15 years 7 months ago #77804 by tekfix
Blank configuration panel was created by tekfix
I have installed CD 1.2 RC3 on my test server (Joomla 1.5.7). Everything works fine there. No problems. Then I installed Joomla and RC3 on the production site (different server, also 1.5.7). Now everything works except for the Configuration panel which just returns a blank page.

Tried to find information here (yes, I read the FAQ ;) ). Nothing at all shows for that page in Joomla debug mode - just a blank page. Nothing shows regarding this problem in the server error logs. I have tried removing CB and all its directories and reinstalling it. Still the same problem. Any idea on how to solve?

....... :ohmy:

OK. As I got this far in writing my message I received a mail from my operator's helpdesk (response to my questions regarding the problem). They have now 'made some changes to the security settings on the server as it seems that CB is using resources not generally accessible to the users'. Now everything works!

I'll try to find out what they changed - maybe that information is useful for somebody with the same problem. I'll be back if I find it out...

Post edited by: tekfix, at: 2008/10/20 15:33

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 7 months ago #77819 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Blank configuration panel
Yes, please post back changes made by your hoster.

15 years 6 months ago #77875 by tekfix
Replied by tekfix on topic Re:Blank configuration panel
It seems that this operator has a very strict PHP-policy on their servers. They said that they could see two things in their logs:
  • The use of phpinfo which is not normally allowed
  • Some variable name length that exceeded the restriction settings(they did not specify)
Now they allowed the use of phpinfo and changed the variable name length limit for this site.

They also said that it seems that CB easily gets problems with Suhosin restrictions. These problems can be seen in the logs where Suhosin puts it's information.

So far so good, the Config panel and everything in the core of CB seems to work now, but I still have one problem that I haven't solved: The cb captcha images do not show... :blink:

Post edited by: tekfix, at: 2008/10/21 07:09

15 years 6 months ago #78286 by matu666
Replied by matu666 on topic Re:Blank configuration panel
i have the same problem. configuration page is blank. everything else is working fine!
still dont understand whats the solution to this problem? i have to contact my server operator for that issue or what? is there any other solution?

15 years 6 months ago #78405 by matu666
Replied by matu666 on topic Re:Blank configuration panel
problem solved... my operator fix it!
they say that php exec fatal error occurred and they assumed i have error messages turned off and thats why i did not see that error...only blank page. as im a newbie i dont even know where i have to turn off/on error messages :blush:

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.201 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn