Skip to Content Skip to Menu

CB Builder Questions

• lostmail
  • lostmail
15 years 6 months ago #77962 by lostmail
CB Builder Questions was created by lostmail
I´d like to know if this is possible:

Let users have their own BLOG, FORUM, GALERY....and entries made by the owners are not visible in Main-View of the Components (Registered Users should decide if their Entries/Blog is visible in Main View or not).

it should work like a private Space for members and only if they want a connection to another user (on request) they can show their private area...

Is that possbile to do with CB and which Components/Modules do you recommend for that ?

THANKS !

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• lostmail
  • lostmail
15 years 6 months ago #77978 by lostmail
Replied by lostmail on topic Re:CB Builder Questions
Hm - I can see here my own request in my Profil....but how could I avoid that all users see my entries in Fourm/Blog/Galery...?

Dosen`t realy make sense to put Forum-Topics in User-Tab while in Main-Forum the same Topics are visible to all....

Know what I mean ?

Where is the "Privacy" area for registered members ?

• lostmail
  • lostmail
15 years 6 months ago #78253 by lostmail
I found this extension to give users the ability to set restrictions to their profiles as they like it:

extensions.joomla.org/component/option,com_mtree/task,viewlink/link_id,5996/Itemid,35/

Is this the only (commercial) way to give users control for their profiles ?

Any non-commercal solutions available ?

• krileon
  • krileon
15 years 6 months ago #78256 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:CB Builder Questions
I just modified all my plugins and added custom code to CBs core. I've got tab privacy and users can enable/disable any tab they want.

Just play around a bit and look at other plugins out there and you'll figure it out.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• lostmail
  • lostmail
15 years 6 months ago #78257 by lostmail
I just bought the commercial as i did not find any others...but it works fine for me.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon