Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Unable to register new members

15 years 6 months ago #77966 by Faranriele
Unable to register new members was created by Faranriele
CB : RC3
Joomla 1.5.4

Joomla reg off
No redirect after registration

I've thought of the obvious stuff but nothing works. When you fill out the registration form and hit register you recieve a "you must be logged in to view that page" message and are displayed the login fields.

The new account has not been created.

I copy and pasted the URL, logged in to the admin account front end and pasted it in, it took me to my profile.

So does anyone know why after trying to create a new account on my site, that the new account isnt created? I'm dying here as we publically launch tomorrow, the only alternatve I have is to reinstall a clean copy of CB and reconfig it.

I have limited/no knowledge of CMS or php so stepped instruction from anyone who understand the issue would be greatfully appreciated.

url : thesocietynetwork.co.uk

Cheer,

Anthony

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
15 years 6 months ago #77984 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Unable to register new members
Faranriele wrote:

CB : RC3
Joomla 1.5.4

Joomla reg off
No redirect after registration

I've thought of the obvious stuff but nothing works. When you fill out the registration form and hit register you recieve a "you must be logged in to view that page" message and are displayed the login fields.

The new account has not been created.

I copy and pasted the URL, logged in to the admin account front end and pasted it in, it took me to my profile.

So does anyone know why after trying to create a new account on my site, that the new account isnt created? I'm dying here as we publically launch tomorrow, the only alternatve I have is to reinstall a clean copy of CB and reconfig it.

I have limited/no knowledge of CMS or php so stepped instruction from anyone who understand the issue would be greatfully appreciated.

url : thesocietynetwork.co.uk

Cheer,

Anthony

The only thing I can think of that you did not follow installation instructions and have not created a public menu item (mandatory) to the CB component.

15 years 6 months ago #77986 by Faranriele
Replied by Faranriele on topic Re:Unable to register new members
Hi Nant, thanks for the reply.

I should have advised that this was an upgrade from the previous version of CB.

Prior to the upgrade I had already created a public menu item whilst installing the original. I apologise if this is a step required and is documented for upgrades but I did not see it.

Could you confirm if it is a required action and if so, do I need to delete the 'old' public menu item and create a new one?

P.S I used the standard upgrade procedre NOT the expert one, I do not have the competency to try anything so bold.

**edit** I have uninstalled and deleted the directory root for CB_login and reinstalled, this has not resolved the issue - 22.10.08 16:13

Post edited by: Faranriele, at: 2008/10/22 17:13

15 years 6 months ago #77997 by Faranriele
Further edit -

The issue may be linked to the redirect at the moment its pointing here

www.thesocietynetwork.co.uk/Log-in.html?return=aHR0cDovL3d3dy50aGVzb2NpZXR5bmV0d29yay5jby51ay9Db21tdW5pdHkuaHRtbA%3D%3D

I have no idea now, the only optoins I face are a complele reinstall or downgrade to a version that works for my application.

I have no doubt its a config issue but it would be great to here it from the experts!

Yours in anticipation

15 years 6 months ago #77998 by Faranriele
Hello everyone.

I have detected the problem.

I have sh404sef installed (that was the last thing I changed before this issuie arised) and it was rewriting the url for cb.

Although this is supported (apparantly) it was rewriting the url for new user login - as stated before I dont know script or php and at 31 I dont believe I ever will.

I resolved the issue by process of elimination. At first disabling the sh404sef ap worked and now that i have told it to ignore all of CB I have been able to enable it again for the remainder of the site.

I think the only thing I'll loose out on is not having unique url's for members but as they dont know it was possible, I dont they'll miss it too.

I hope this helps someone else in the future, Nant thanks for the response and support to date - keep doin whjat you guys do best!

• nant
  • nant
15 years 6 months ago #78014 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Unable to register new members
glad you found the problem.

yup alot of issues identified with this SEF component.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon