Article Submission moderation and workflows

15 years 6 months ago #78430 by cmaples
Hello. Maybe I'm dense, but I was under the impression that CB does two things specifically that is not happening on my installation. Those are:

1. When a regular Author submits an article, which needs to be moderated, and then a Publisher or above (moderator) logs in, the Workflow says empty. The only way to find the article that needs to be published (fromt the front end) is to navigate to the section at least, where it will then show up at the top of the content needed moderation. Kinda unintuitive!

2. 'Receive moderator emails' on still doesn't send emails when an article needs moderating.

So my problem is two pronged. The workflow doesn't seem to indicate article moderation required, and there are no emails regarding article moderation. Am I missing something? Is article moderation not really under consideration for moderation according to CB? My partner, who has a little more Joomla experience, tells me that the default Joomla install will email article moderation required messages. Thanks for the help!

Environment: Joomla! 1.5.7 with CB 1.2 RC 3, only other extension is 'Mass Content' ATM.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 6 months ago #78516 by cmaples

15 years 6 months ago #78527 by nant
cmaples wrote:

Hello. Maybe I'm dense, but I was under the impression that CB does two things specifically that is not happening on my installation. Those are:

1. When a regular Author submits an article, which needs to be moderated, and then a Publisher or above (moderator) logs in, the Workflow says empty. The only way to find the article that needs to be published (fromt the front end) is to navigate to the section at least, where it will then show up at the top of the content needed moderation. Kinda unintuitive!

2. 'Receive moderator emails' on still doesn't send emails when an article needs moderating.

So my problem is two pronged. The workflow doesn't seem to indicate article moderation required, and there are no emails regarding article moderation. Am I missing something? Is article moderation not really under consideration for moderation according to CB? My partner, who has a little more Joomla experience, tells me that the default Joomla install will email article moderation required messages. Thanks for the help!

Environment: Joomla! 1.5.7 with CB 1.2 RC 3, only other extension is 'Mass Content' ATM.

CB does not moderate articles.
This is purely a Joomla issue.
Perhaps some other component does this - I dont know.

15 years 6 months ago #78529 by cmaples
Thanks for getting back Nick, but it's okay. I found a few extensions that will do this in the Groupware section over at extensions.joomla.org.

Post edited by: cmaples, at: 2008/10/29 18:32

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.197 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn