Registration redirect

15 years 5 months ago #79548 by deanandeva
Registration redirect was created by deanandeva
Hi,

After a new subscriber clicks on the link on the email to complete the registration they are sent to a page, which basically says your registration is completed you may now login. Is there any way to change this page/text or add the login module to this page.

As it stands now they then have to click home and then enter their credentials?

Any thoughts.

Thanks in advance

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 5 months ago #80934 by jeffhoneyager
Replied by jeffhoneyager on topic Re:Registration redirect
A crude way would be change the default_language.php file about line 190 from:

[code:1]DEFINE('_UE_REG_COMPLETE','<div class="componentheading">Registration Complete!</div>'
.'<p>You may now log in.</p>');[/code:1]

To something like:

[code:1]DEFINE('_UE_REG_COMPLETE','<div class="componentheading">Registration Complete!</div>'
.'<h1>You may now <a href="yourdomain.com/" target="_self">Click here and log in.');[/code:1]

The average user may not know to go HOME to find a login module. This at least tells them what to do.

I have a similar question. How can a guest be automatically redirected to the registration page instead of the "not authorized" messages.

Is there a Joomla hack? Can we put a redirect into the DEFINE function of the default_language.php file?

Post edited by: jeffhoneyager, at: 2008/11/30 03:00

15 years 4 months ago #81210 by andre.balian
Replied by andre.balian on topic Re:Registration redirect
I could rant and rave all damn day about this issue. People have been complaining about this for how many versions now, there's still no option in the configuration?! Without an item id, the registration complete message is completely useless.

That said, does anybody have a "hack" to the language file that will redirect users back to index.php or any other page? I would be most greatful.

Regards.

Post edited by: andre.balian, at: 2008/12/03 20:31

15 years 4 months ago #81216 by andre.balian
Replied by andre.balian on topic Re:Registration redirect
Ok, so I've come up with a temporary solution.

[code:1]DEFINE('_UE_REG_COMPLETE','<div class="componentheading">Registration Complete! You can now log in... please wait a moment</div>'

.'<meta http-equiv="refresh" content="2;url=http://www.blah.com" />');[/code:1]

I'm not sure if there's a better way, or if there's some reason that I shouldn't do it this way, but it seems to work well enough. B)

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.222 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn