Beat, what is Multi-Sites support (in CB 2.0)?

15 years 5 months ago #80241 by ProvaStyle
Beat,

I saw in your Joomladay powerpoint presentation under Future Plans,
CB 2.0 -> Multi-Sites Support.

Would you mind briefly describing that? I searched the forums, and only found instances of people asking how to setup multiple domains to share the same user database (which I too am looking for), but found no answers.

Thanks for your time,
-David

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 5 months ago #80332 by hippo
I'm currently running 2 sites on one database, still in development but so far no issues. What issues can I expect until this new fix comes out?

15 years 4 months ago #81526 by peace.hul
Hi, I`m on developing a multi site plugin for community builder. At now the script works, but I have some problems with the integration as a plugin.

If somebody has some expiereces with cb plugin development, please let me know.

Greetings Uli

15 years 4 months ago #82735 by irreign
how i wish there's a cb plugin for multisites! :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

15 years 4 months ago #82738 by beat
CB 2.0 will mark the completion of the refactoring which is currently well underway in soon to be released CB 1.2, and which will continue with CB 1.3.

This will position CB 2.0 as a cross-platforms native users-management framework, with many integrations-possibilities, thanks to its API and framework.

CB 1.3 will unveil as users-features some of the big improvements made "under the hood" of CB 1.2, while CB 2.0 will hopefully show the true power of the power-engine which is taking shape :)

I don't want to promise here any magic solution, but just say that it is one of the main goals of CB 2.0 to be able to manage natively users across sites. We hope to achieve that goal next year.

That said there are a few solutions to do such synchronizations today, mostly commercial. I didn't try them and can't comment on any so far.

You also have a few plugins for CB which allow you to synchronize joomla with forums, and such plugins exist for Joomla too.

CB 1.2 RC 4 introduces the possibility to use such Joomla 1.5 authentication plugins (or to develop CB authentication plugins as well !), which could allow for community- or third-party provided synchronization solution already with CB 1.2 Stable, as a CB plugin. :)

So...looking forward to some really exciting stuff ahead :D

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.226 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn