How to search users after age intervals?

15 years 5 months ago #80484 by rottpung
Hi there, got to say I love cb's functionality within joomla, but I got a issue.

I am building a site where there hopefully will be a huge mass of members soon, and then you need to give the members the opportunity to find other members easily.

I have no probs making different lists wich filters gender, state, status etc, the trouble comes when you are going to search for age.

I want my members to be able to search an interval of years, fx 20-27 years instead of an exact age wich is the only possibility I can see in CB. To get an interval search you need two inputs high and low limits, usually presented by 2 single dropdown lists where the user sets the upper and lower limits of his search range

If someone have a sollution how to make this in CB, or could point me in the right direction, it would be most appreciated.

Sincerely...
PS! I would also now if there's possible to make a module which can generate custom searches in the CB db.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 5 months ago #80524 by hippo
I'm doing it by doing a multi select drop down list for users age. I'm thinking about 2 drop down lists, from age and to age.

The multi select displays all the ages and you can selct the desired block of ages.

15 years 5 months ago #80534 by beat
CB 1.2 RC 3 date field handles date, birthday, age, and age in searches ;)

Check params in backend. :)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

15 years 5 months ago #80595 by rottpung
Replied by rottpung on topic Re:How to search users after age intervals?
That was just what I needed to know, works as a charm:cheer:

Another question: Is it possible to show the search input as is, with textfields, radio buttons etc. without the "no preferences" etc choices?

15 years 5 months ago #80596 by beat
rottpung wrote:

That was just what I needed to know, works as a charm:cheer:

Another question: Is it possible to show the search input as is, with textfields, radio buttons etc. without the "no preferences" etc choices?

Not in CB 1.2 RC 3, that's something we want to make possible for 1.2 Stable.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

15 years 4 months ago #81245 by rottpung
Replied by rottpung on topic Re:How to search users after age intervals?
looking forward to cb 1.2 stable :laugh:

Thanx for your answers, really helpful.

Birger

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.225 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn