Dont get confirmation mail with PHP

15 years 5 months ago #80787 by Andrej
Dont get confirmation mail with PHP was created by Andrej
New users registered in CB but don´t get confirmation mail. All this work well for a couple a days ago. Aldo i can see that some new registration has work yesterday???.

I use Joomla 1.0.15 and PHP in my mail settings .

I also use the general advice like no registration in globals and Yes, independentin CB and that mail must be sent in CB registration

And I can see in the forum that this similar problem are lot more people having problems with.... So what can be wrong?

In my other sites i have exactly the same parameters but they is working and sending mail?

Post edited by: Andrej, at: 2008/11/27 22:41

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 5 months ago #80947 by Andrej
This problem is now solved finally after a couple of days testing..hm..

15 years 5 months ago #80954 by beat
Andrej wrote:

This problem is now solved finally after a couple of days testing..hm..

What was the problem and the solution ?

"From" email address not allowed by your hoster ?

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

15 years 5 months ago #80971 by Andrej
There are several reasons i think.

Before i use: "From:" Admin Email Address, with "Reply-To and i changed it to "From:" User Email Address (no "Reply-To:" field):.

I thougt THIS should had been the big issue. But not..

After poke around i figured out that i had upload a couple of components and moduls AND plugins just before this problem show up.

So first i made sure i hade an identically positions in all parameters regarding my PHP mail in Joomla and in Cb as my other site that worked.

I then unisntalled all the new components, moduls and plugin. And some more i might said when i was on the move..(or mood..)

Then it start working again.

The only problem now is (and i have ask this in another topic today). Is that when the conformation mail and the ok mail to a new members come to the members inbox in say yahoo.
It takes 30-60 minutes and it aslo goes in the spam mail inbox?

My other working site sends the mail directly witout delay.And don´t get in the spam inbox, it goes to the right "place" Your Mail inbox.

I can say that these to sites has diffrent hosts. Could that be the problem? Or can you set the time WHEN mail sending? And you avoid to NOT go in the spam box?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.197 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn