Captcha 2.2RC : No Security Image Rendered

15 years 4 months ago #80963 by Oishiku
Hi,

When I first installed Captcha 2.2RC with CB 1.2 RC3, there was no sound (although the ‘speaker’ image appeared) and no security image (replaced by the text “Image with security code embedded in it”) although all the GD and Freetype prerequisites were met.

After reading the various threads at this forum, I made sure that:
  • the right path to configuration.php was provided in cb.session.php, and
  • the captcha plugin directory is chmode to 755.
Now I am able to hear the audio and have actually been able to register an account by listening to the security code, but STILL NO IMAGE is being rendered and the system is hung up on trying to open a file (apparently, in the captcha plugin directory).
  • The audio ‘speaker’ image appears in all expected locations in the back and front end (on the registration page etc.). It plays and allows security access, but the computer continues to try to load the security image without success.
  • No text or image with ‘x’ appears in lieu of the security code picture, so it seems that the image is being accessed somehow, but it not being processed so that it is shown.
  • In addition, the text “Enter security code” appears below the login input fields at all times.
Does anyone have any suggestions? Really anxious to resolve this issue as soon as possible. Thank you.

My current setup:
Joomla 1.5.8
CB 1.2 RC3
Captcha 2.2RC
(same results on both I.E. and Foxfire)

P.S. CB Autowelcome is installed and published, but doesn't seem to work with this configuration.

Post edited by: Oishiku, at: 2008/11/30 13:02

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 4 months ago #80981 by tkdman99
Replied by tkdman99 on topic Re:Captcha 2.2RC : No Security Image Rendered
I am in exactly the same boat except I cannot get audio either.

Post edited by: tkdman99, at: 2008/12/01 01:52

15 years 4 months ago #81012 by Oishiku
Replied by Oishiku on topic Re:Captcha 2.2RC : No Security Image Rendered
tkdman99,

I've found that my getting audio seems to depend upon access rights. If I chmode plugin to anything other than 755, I don't get the audio at all.

I also noted before that with the current setup, I don't get the text “Image with security code embedded in it”, but it actually does appear after a very long wait as the computer attempts to load the file.

Could someone say what process is involved in rendering the security image? Perhaps I have a setting in my configuration.php that conflicts with that process.

Right now I have...

SEF: on
Apache mod_rewrite: on
Add suffix to URL: on
gzip: yes
cache: no

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated... and just to note, I am a CB subscriber, but am not using that username to post. Thanx

15 years 4 months ago #81043 by nant
Oishiku wrote:

tkdman99,

I've found that my getting audio seems to depend upon access rights. If I chmode plugin to anything other than 755, I don't get the audio at all.

I also noted before that with the current setup, I don't get the text “Image with security code embedded in it”, but it actually does appear after a very long wait as the computer attempts to load the file.

Could someone say what process is involved in rendering the security image? Perhaps I have a setting in my configuration.php that conflicts with that process.

Right now I have...

SEF: on
Apache mod_rewrite: on
Add suffix to URL: on
gzip: yes
cache: no

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated... and just to note, I am a CB subscriber, but am not using that username to post. Thanx

Regarding multiple usernames - not allowed - please send me a private message with 2 usernames and the one that should survive.

Regarding captcha plugin, the plugin backend should check all prerequisites and give you feedback and also render a sample image. If it doesn't then there is something wrong.

Would help to post a screenshot of backend captcha parameters...

15 years 4 months ago #81143 by Oishiku
Replied by Oishiku on topic Re:Captcha 2.2RC : No Security Image Rendered
Thank you for your reply Nant. I've sent the private message as you requested.

As for the captcha parameters, Freetype shows up in green as enabled and GD as bundled, but the security code image does not appear. On the registration page, only the 'audio' icon appears and it plays a security code.

I am not sure what measures to take. I've attached a screenshot of the captcha parameters.

Hopeful for some direction. Thank you.

Post edited by: Oishiku, at: 2008/12/02 21:23
Attachments:

15 years 4 months ago #81149 by nant
Also sent you a PM response - send me backend access details and I will take a look.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.233 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn