problem with component

15 years 5 months ago #81089 by lostmail
problem with component was created by lostmail
I installed a User-Tab Control Addon which lets users decide who can see their contens and who not.

BUT the greatest Problem is, that all Extensions which are installed as Components/Modules are visible for ALL Community members and the Members can do nothing.

Example:
There is no way to give users a personal "drive/folder" for their personal documents.

i installed "REMOSITOY" with the CB Plugin. In the User-Tab there is a list of all files of this user and he can set rights to show them to other users.
PROBLEM: If a registerd user (or oa user which has the same rights as the registered (I think all Members of a community have the same rights) he can search, find an list all uploaded files when he checks the link to the component....ALL FILES OF ALL USERS ARE VISIBLE NOW !!!

and that`s the great problem with all components - there is no way to use componentens with extended CB-user rights.....

Post edited by: nant, at: 2008/12/02 22:10

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 5 months ago #81097 by ckayfish
Replied by ckayfish on topic Re:BIG PROBLEM USING CB BUILDER !
This is not a CB issue... check with each component developer and see about their their privacy options and future plans for integration to Community Builder.

Also, this forum is for CB 1.2RC3, since you are not using this version you should post in a more appropriate forum.

Tips for understanding and solving your issue - Props to Krileon for creating this.
My Opensource CB Plugins: Mutual Connections and MYCB Cookie available here

15 years 5 months ago #81134 by lostmail
Replied by lostmail on topic Re:BIG PROBLEM USING CB BUILDER !
I agree - not a CB Problem, but there are too few features to have realy privacy options for members (they should be able to decide what other members see ant what not).

My CB Tab Access manager is powerful but it dosen`t help me for some missing features.

Sample:
There is no existing Extension which allows users to have privacy folders for files/sharing.
The only ext. I found is "Briefcase Factory" (48 EUR !!) - i think that Extension could do the things I await from a private user folder with right management.

Some Plugins are available, too like guestbook, user photogalerie.

But I´m still missing a user blog plugin.

Perhaps the development should be more concentrate to make CB Builder more flexible in User-Plugins (not using Components which are to see for everyone else, too who has the same rights than the owner)

The Main problem seems to be, that most components have only a Joomla rights management which is not enough to make realy privacy for users using some extra right management tools.

If it is a relay useful feature to have a Profile-Tab which shows all Forum-Entries, Blog-Entries, Photo-Galerie.... of a user when you can search them in the main component frontpage, too.....???

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.252 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn