404 Component not found - workaround

15 years 4 months ago #81118 by danothomsn
404 Component not found - workaround was created by danothomsn
Brief History: A few weeks ago, my Joomla! 1.5.5 site was hacked. The (shared web)restore didn't do anything, as too much time had elapsed since the hack, so I was forced to rebuild from scratch. I wiped out the old stuff, recreated a new DB, upgraded to 1.5.8, and installed RC2, then found RC3 had been released. I thought I followed the upgrade directions to the "T", but now my site will neither allow new registration, or manually created users to log in. Every attempt to register or login resulted in 404 Component Not Found.

Being a Joomla! infant, and new to CB, I was at a loss. I've tried everything I read as best as I can understand it, including uninstalling, disabling all CB_(modules), then re-installing fresh.

Then the revalation came! I figured out tht if I just created new menu items on the User Menu, one for registration, and one for logging in, all would be well. I'd still like to know what happened with the base CB RC3 modules not functioning though.

Post edited by: danothomsn, at: 2008/12/02 17:03

c:\belfrey - this is where I keep my .BAT files

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 4 months ago #82937 by joba
Replied by joba on topic Re:404 Component not found - workaround
Please help! I upgraded to CB 1.2 RC4 on my 1.5.8 site. The registration of new user does not work - it just gives a blank screen. I uninstalled CB as well as CB_login and reinstalled it again with no success. I created a menu item for user registration, but it also gives the same result.

15 years 4 months ago #82939 by ndee
Replied by ndee on topic Re:404 Component not found - workaround
@danothomsn

if uninstall and install a component it may get a new id, therefore you have to recreate the menu entries - or you use the expert files to upgrade. Btw. in the README point 9 + 10 describes this ;)

@joba
Check out the blank screen article in FAQ section:
www.joomlapolis.com/content/category/5/18/58/

greets

###################
SPEED UP HELP, read first: Help us help you
###################

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.180 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn