Switch for user group

15 years 4 months ago #81502 by cr33dog@gmail.com
Switch for user group was created by cr33dog@gmail.com
First - I did not realize that RC4 was out- I will upgrade tomorrow.

Second - if this question is stupid, please forgive me ;)

Here's what I have going on:
1. I've added a custom group ('Partner') that is a child of the 'Registered' group (jos_core_acl_aro_groups).
2. I've added a field to the CB registration form called 'cb_usertype'.
3. Upon registration, I've hacked comprofiler.class.php to check the added field and if it's a certain value ('Partner'), run an extra query to set the user's GID to the 'Partner' GID.

It's works, BUT (and I'm finally getting to the question), when the user registers and activates, they appear in the "Registered" group in the CB user list (and also the Joomla user list). If I 'edit' the user in the CB user manager, the group then appears correctly and if I 'save' without changing anything, the user appears the correct group in the CB and Joomla user list.

There must me some follow-up/secondary function (in the admin section?), but I'm all grepped out - where should I be looking?

Thanks,
Chris

PS - can't wait for proper ACL in Joomla 1.6 - that makes all of this moot :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 4 months ago #81507 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Switch for user group
Joomla ACL is tricky, and Joomla 1.6 will be even more tricky.

You need to understand how it works, there is way more than gid field to it... acl tables...

CB handles that so that's why after edit it works ;)

Sorry can't give support for hacks ;)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

15 years 4 months ago #81618 by cr33dog@gmail.com
Replied by cr33dog@gmail.com on topic Re:Switch for user group
beat wrote:

Sorry can't give support for hacks ;)

Riiight. If you have a non-hack method for group access control, I'm all ears ;)

Turns out I needed to update the core_acl_groups_aro_map table with the proper aro_id.

Chris

15 years 4 months ago #81622 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Switch for user group
upcoming CB paid subscription plugins allows fine-grained ACL without any hack or messing joomla tables :)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.196 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn