Help needed for easy login

15 years 3 months ago #84753 by frankyboy
Help needed for easy login was created by frankyboy
Our users register live at our dance events. Afterward I register them using Juice or manually in the Joomla/CB system.

Because the community is small (250) and not computer minded I want them to be able to login VERY easy. I can send them their "login and pass" with Juice or our Acajoom newsletter. But I don't want them to do this login manually but just by following a special link in the mail.

I hoped that Joomla was capable of doing this with something like: "www.sitename.com&user=XXX&pass=XXX" But this is not as simple as that.

BUT HOPE IS HERE:

One Joomja! Guru in building Authentication Systems was charmed about this idea and made something based on his existing JAuthTools suite some thing that does half the job.

This system generates a user unique token. Then in the URL it will look like this: "index.php?logintoken=2bf70cfb6609d02cd84a181f51e37197ada079b3dde2f9dcb" If a user folows this link the user will be logged in.

What is needed is that CB or ACAjoom takes this token and will send the URL to the user. If this token was put in a CB [TAG] I could use Acajoom to make this url but maybe a developer likes the idea and makes a component to do this easy.

Are there people who like this idea and will work on this further or help me to point to a solution.

The link to the thread with this man and his tools is here:
forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=470&t=338924&start=0

Our dance events are here: www.eindhovendanst.nl/

Post edited by: frankyboy, at: 2009/01/09 15:15

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.240 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn