Small email imput box, how to fix

14 years 7 months ago #111622 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Small email imput box, how to fix
KEIOS wrote:

machinimyte.net/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=registers

I´ve searched for a solution, but i can´t find the parameters in my template.css which is responsible for that. Since i´m a Newb, i can´t read those files to understand what they are doing.

I am using the Youmovie Template but those solutions i found in this forums, do not work here, since i can´t find the width parameter. Can you please tell me, what to look for? ( sectiontableentry in the template.css has no width defined by pixels)

Use Firebug in your firefox browser to inspect your webpage and see what class is involved.

If you have paid money for this template, then you should ask the developer to fix it for you.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 7 months ago #111623 by ckayfish
Replied by ckayfish on topic Re:Small email imput box, how to fix
Nick told you exactly what to do to find the problem. I took 2 minutes to open your page in Firefox, launch Firebug, highlight the field and see that this field has the class="email required inputbox" (meening each of these classes are applied. Firebug also tells me that at line 62 of the file layout.css (machinimyte.net/templates/youmovies_template/css/layout.css) .email is being defined as
[code:1].email, .print, .pdf {
float:right;
margin:0 2px 0 0;
width:16px;
}[/code:1]

So, your template is telling this item (all items with the class=email) to float right, have a right margin of 2px (all other margins 0) and a width of 16px.

Not a CB bug, just a template conflict. Since YouMovies is a commercial template, you can ask their support the best way for you to modify this to ensure you dont break other items where this class is used.

Post edited by: ckayfish, at: 2009/09/18 21:34

Tips for understanding and solving your issue - Props to Krileon for creating this.
My Opensource CB Plugins: Mutual Connections and MYCB Cookie available here

14 years 7 months ago #111629 by KEIOS
Replied by KEIOS on topic Re:Small email imput box, how to fix
Ah! Thanks alot! Another Lesson learned :)

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.479 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn