Country / State / Territory fields.

14 years 7 months ago #110964 by Tastiger
Country / State / Territory fields. was created by Tastiger
I have read through the forums and it appears that no real consensus has been reached on how to approach this matter.

I have an ajax list of country and state fields, I don't have a problem with the importation of country names as drop down - my issue comes with creating the state / territory list to load correctly depending on the country selected within the current CB framework.

ie: I select Australia and the Australian states load in a drop down for state.

There is nothing more infuriating than signing up on a site and having the USA listed first scrolling to find your country and then find that the state list shows only US States....

Any ideas tips would be welcome and I am happy to share the bundle with anyone that is interested and may be able to get it work properly.

All the above is of course contingent on something similar not already being available - but I haven't found such an animal as yet.

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/09/30 19:41

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 7 months ago #111404 by somaschema@yahoo.com
Replied by somaschema@yahoo.com on topic Re:Country / State / Territory fields.
Hi Tastiger

I am having the same problem as you do. I have my own JS solutions elsewhere for country/state drop down selects, however, the structure of CB seems extremely rigid and frustrating for this purpose. I posted something on this forum a month ago and I haven't had any response yet.

Currently, my CB has been set up in a way that both country and states are stored as an entry in jos_comprofiler_field_values, and it seems to be done in a way to circumvent the rigidity of CB structure. It seems that no obvious solution has been identified, and it is disappointing to see that even on CB's own web site, the state drop down list is this long laundry list that jams all states from all countries into one select... Unbelievable.

Sorry I offer no help, but you are not alone in this regard.

H

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.146 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn