[#1306] cbprivacymainsettings field usage?

14 years 6 months ago #113726 by NickOg
That cpPrivacy plugin is just what I need! There is one field in generated by the plugin - cbprivacymainsettings. I can't find reference to that field anywhere. what does it do? Does it offer some means of setting the default security for all fields/tabs?

Any explanation would be appreciated.

Regards

Nick

Post edited by: NickOg, at: 2009/10/11 22:34

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/03/30 17:48

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 1 month ago #127361 by ewersk
Would like to know as well. Could someone give an answer?

14 years 1 month ago #127390 by krileon
It's used to generate the drop-down select you see when selecting privacy, it is also used for admins to configure the default privacy setting for say newly registered users (this parameter can be seen by editing the field in Field Management).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 1 month ago #127473 by ewersk
Thank you Kyle for your fast answer!

What are the standard values you mentioned, that I can define for the "First set / Allowed:" parameter?

Have a nice weekend!

Greets,

Kai

14 years 1 month ago #127620 by krileon
ewersk wrote:

Thank you Kyle for your fast answer!

What are the standard values you mentioned, that I can define for the "First set / Allowed:" parameter?

Have a nice weekend!

Greets,

Kai

The following is just an example of the few available.

empty/blank = Visible on profile
1 = Only to logged-in users
2 = Only for direct connections
3 = Also for connections' connections
99 = Invisible on profile

Default is empty/blank which is why "Visible on profile" is always selected when first selecting your privacy settings.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 4 weeks ago #128497 by ewersk
Hi Kyle,

I tried a lot with these settings, however any value I put into "First set / Allowed:" from 0 to 99 :-) didn't change anything on the registration page. It always the default value "visble".

May be the problem here is correlated with my other post of today "Privacy Plugin / Registration": The privacy options a new user chooses during registration are always ignored. I've activated eMail-Confirmation and deactivated admin's approval.

I would appreciate any idea or help.

Greets,

Kai

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.173 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn