CB Facebook Connect Plugin 1.0 and CB Twitter Connect Plugin 1.0 Released

13 years 11 months ago #132035 by beat
This thread discusses the Content article: CB Facebook Connect Plugin 1.0 and CB Twitter Connect Plugin 1.0 Released

Many thanks to CB doc subscribers for their support and feedbacks.

Many thanks to Kyle too for the support of RC versions in forums, and improvements to the RC releases for the stable release to minimize the conflicts with other extensions to none known ones in these stable releases.

And... there is more to come soon :woohoo:

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 11 months ago #132117 by loila
this is great , i like facebook connect ;)

www.vidogg.com

Dedicated

13 years 11 months ago #132134 by hjames
"Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg announced today during a press conference at the F8 Conference that with the launch of their new Open Graph API, Facebook Connect will be discontinued. Facebook Connect, as many of us know, is a tool that allows Facebook members to log-in into third-party websites and services using their Facebook credentials. The tool also lets members share content on Facebook from the services where they are logged-in. Facebook Connect was launched at the F8 Conference in July 2008.

The company will now use its Open Graph API and OAuth 2.0 standard, which allow developers to easily access and integrate social graphs within their services, to keep interacting with the same third-party websites and services. Pandora, Microsoft, and Yelp are just three of the more than 30 launch partners.

At the moment, it’s still unclear how specifically Facebook will replace Facebook Connect and when. We will keep an eye on that. Stay tuned."

Any comments regarding the news of FBC being discontinued? Any plans for integrating the new API?

Thanks,
James

13 years 11 months ago #132140 by nant

13 years 11 months ago #132263 by richpeers
Love it!
Any eta on an equivalent for linkedin?

13 years 11 months ago #132276 by krileon
richpeers wrote:

Love it!
Any eta on an equivalent for linkedin?

Possibly in the future, but at this time we're focusing on Google Friend Connect and Facebook (OpenGraph of course) which also means OpenSocial (due to Friend Connect).

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/05/05 18:57

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.585 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn