Where are the new feature?

13 years 5 months ago #147233 by Roland
Where are the new feature? was created by Roland
If I ask, where are the new feature from this update, or last, or before, I don't ask for technical things like update jquery, higher number of php minimum requirement and so one.

I ask there are the new feature for my customer, for the person for which I made my homepage.

I look every 4 month full of envy to some competitors and read about new feature like multi profile type, Automatic photo orientation, profile thumbnail crobbing, and so on. But I Can't find such things by CB...

www.simple-quality.de - The Quality-Web-Portal

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 5 months ago #147268 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Where are the new feature?
CB 1.3 is mainly a technical release fixing bugs and adding a few minor features. You can see a list of feature tickets completed for CB 1.3 on our forge.

Implemented Features (17):
forge.joomlapolis.com/projects/cb/issues?set_filter=1&tracker_id=2

Fixed Bugs (46):
forge.joomlapolis.com/projects/cb/issues?set_filter=1&tracker_id=2

We'll be working full force on CB 2.0 for next years release which will feature many many upgrades to "state if the art" usage as you'd expect from a community site and extension.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 5 months ago #147418 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Where are the new feature?
..., and the "technical features" of CB will be leveraged in upcoming exciting CB 1.3 plugins comming shortly. GroupJive 2.0 being the next big thing here, with lots of new features for your members. Full rewrite. Stay tuned.

There is a huge difference that isn't always understood: CB is not an out-of-the-box facebook-clone. CB is a social framework. You build your own application by installing the suitable plugins (out of a choice of 200+ CB extensions available) and configuring it to suit the needs of Your Own Personal social site (or actually whatever type of site you make).

CB 2.0 is coming with a choice of preconfigured use-cases, but keeping the flexibility that CB has always had as a framework.

Btw, to answer the examples you list:

- CB does since 1.0 already "automatically orient" the avatars to match the square case.

- CB 1.3 + CBSubs 1.1 (even since a year in 1.0) allow you to have multiple profile types *today* (even without using the payments part).

CBSubs isn't free, but that's not the issue here :)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.166 seconds