CB Helloworld Plugin (part 2)

17 years 4 months ago #26641 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:CB Helloworld Plugin (part 2)
to braines:

(1) the articles plugin has no need to use the $my global variable because it doesnt need to use the credentials of the logged in user.

(3) cant comment on your coding problem - see no code. the specific code segment is incomplete.

(4) what parameters?

to kmchen:

study the cb gallery plugin - it uses these functions.

to lassej

you're welcome!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 2 months ago #31754 by acalderon
Replied by acalderon on topic Re:CB Helloworld Plugin (part 2)
Thanks for your effort. This article has helped me understand CB a little bit more. I would like to know more about the interaction between CB plugins and components.

Thanks for your time and dedication. You help others, like myself, understand and improve CB.

17 years 1 month ago #32337 by Funzel
Replied by Funzel on topic Re:CB Helloworld Plugin (part 2)
I want a include to an external file from my Webspace to this plugin. How can I do that? I always get error-messages :S

Funzel

17 years 1 month ago #33091 by tinus2003
Replied by tinus2003 on topic Re:CB Helloworld Plugin (part 2)
Not sure if this is the place to post this, but I would like to change the permissions of the logged viewer into one of a specific usergroup I have created using JaclPlus.

I know some PHP, but this goes way over my head. Is there any way to change the permissions of registered users to one of just one usergroup?

I'm pretty sure it has something to do with this bit of coding:

$my->id

am I right?

Any help on this would be appreciated.

Post edited by: tinus2003, at: 2007/03/10 22:53

17 years 2 weeks ago #35515 by incinerator
Replied by incinerator on topic Re:CB Helloworld Plugin (part 2)
Is it possible to access the $my variable in included php without making a plugin?

I have already made php-coded pages and included them as iFrames. But can I also access $my from there?

I also have the possibility to include the php via the mambot rdaddphp, but I have tried both this and iFrames and it did not work as described in the two nice articles.

BR Incinerator

16 years 11 months ago #37311 by exyfeplin
Replied by exyfeplin on topic Re:CB Helloworld Plugin (part 2)
I'd like to make a simple plugin which will set the user's ACL (JACL) group to the value of a particular single-select drop down field in the user's profile.

Any hints on how to do this?

thanks!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 3.498 seconds