Create Friends List

15 years 4 months ago #81676 by lukass2000
Create Friends List was created by lukass2000
Can I somehow create a list with my friends?
Where or how can I do?
How can I send an invitation?

THANKS!

Post edited by: lukass2000, at: 2008/12/09 01:03

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 4 months ago #81678 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Create Friends List
lukass2000 wrote:

Can I somehow create a list with my friends?
Where or how can I do?
How can I send an invitation?

THANKS!

Post edited by: lukass2000, at: 2008/12/09 01:03

Friends are "Connections". You'll need to request to connect with another user by visiting their profile and using the on profile menu. Once you have a connection you can visit your connection tab on your profile. this is essentially your "friends list". You can also view them from connections management.

There is no built in invite system, but there are plugins already designed for such a task. You can find one of many on joomla.org or possibly in the directory here.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

15 years 4 months ago #81694 by Rapunzl
Replied by Rapunzl on topic Re:Create Friends List
The new GroupJive, publicly released as a pre-RC for testing and integrated with CB 1.2 RC4 framework, Fireboard and JomComment, will allow you to invite friends to groups from within your site or from outside your site.

It's stressed that the pre-RC is meant for non-production sites for testing only, but as bugs are ironed out, it sounds as if it might fit the bill.

Jamie (Rapunzl)
Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read all CB Articles | Specially the FAQ | Help us help you
CB links: Subscribe to CB documentation | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/7363/37/
]Our templates[/url] | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/blogcategory/61/74/
]Paid Subscriptions[/url] | Get Hosting | Our Forge
Visit my CB Profile

My personal site Rapunzl's Reality always under reconstruction

15 years 4 months ago #81736 by lukass2000
Replied by lukass2000 on topic Re:Create Friends List
Hi!

I have activated "Connections" in PlugIns and TAB but i dont see anything?

If I change the profile of a user viewing will be PM ... (Head) Contact-info (TAB area ),... , but no "Connections" :(

15 years 4 months ago #81740 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Create Friends List
lukass2000 wrote:

Hi!

I have activated "Connections" in PlugIns and TAB but i dont see anything?

If I change the profile of a user viewing will be PM ... (Head) Contact-info (TAB area ),... , but no "Connections" :(

All in the documentation ...

You need to activate connections in the cb configuration backend.

Also posted as a FAQ (see my signature for quick link)

15 years 4 months ago #81812 by lukass2000
Replied by lukass2000 on topic Re:Create Friends List
Apologized, as I have probably read too little :blush:

I'm using CB in German and because everything is different.
I've Found everything now and activated.

THANK YOU!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.243 seconds