User profile Tags Filter override not working???

15 years 4 months ago #81785 by nightlrd
My appologies if this has been asked before.

just updated to RC4 and needed to remove some html tags from the filter. "I know this can be dangerous", but I do need to. Can someone please tell me how as I have added the tags that I want to the admin backend tab for profiles and still the editor strips the html tags. Please, any help on this is greatly appreciated.
I have serched the forums and all the posts seem to be relevent to pre rc4 releases and not for this version. Thanks for any help on this.:)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 4 months ago #81786 by krileon
Think I understand what you're wanting.

You want the HTML tags in editor fields to not be stripped, correct?

If that's the case then you need to check the mambot for your editor and disable it's "code cleaning".

The standard editor that comes with Joomla will clean the code whether you like it or not (my tests show it strips the HTML tags even with code cleaning off). I suggest you grab JCE to be used as your editor.

The tag stripping in CB is independent of that of the editors.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

15 years 4 months ago #81787 by nightlrd
Thanks Krileon -
I will give that a try. :lol:

15 years 4 months ago #81800 by nightlrd
Sorry, Another quick question :whistle:

I have loaded JCE as editor. Code cleaning is set to no.

Great, but now when I put the tags in the editor text area (html mode) and click update I now see a placeholder for the iframe I just entered (wysiwyg view)
but when I click update for the profile it all gets wiped clean.:blink: Is there any other file or filter that might be doing this? Has anyone succesfully pulled an Iframe into a tab? Thanks again.

15 years 4 months ago #81801 by krileon
nightlrd wrote:

Sorry, Another quick question :whistle:

I have loaded JCE as editor. Code cleaning is set to no.

Great, but now when I put the tags in the editor text area (html mode) and click update I now see a placeholder for the iframe I just entered (wysiwyg view)
but when I click update for the profile it all gets wiped clean.:blink: Is there any other file or filter that might be doing this? Has anyone succesfully pulled an Iframe into a tab? Thanks again.

Ensure CB is not filtering iframes. Troubleshooting your joomla editor is trial and error. Ensure JCE is not prohibiting iframes and code cleanup for JCE configuration is set to no.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

15 years 4 months ago #81841 by nightlrd
Krileon-
Thanks for the pointers. It helped alot. I ended up having to open the Intuptfilter.php file and edit the filter tags from there to make it work. Thanks again.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.199 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn