user email

15 years 4 months ago #82070 by vilhelm
user email was created by vilhelm
if you select to give the public access to all user profiles and have the Email link active on the users profile can the public email that user through the email form or do they need to be logged in to email a user?

Thanks!

Vilhelm

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 4 months ago #82098 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:user email
E-mail link is only visible to other registered users.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

15 years 4 months ago #82173 by evnmove
Replied by evnmove on topic Re:user email
The link is visable on mine but when you click on the "Send email" you find that it says:

"You are not authorized to view this page!
You need to log in."

Can anyone help? There is a module called Public Mail (visitors can email registered users)which might help you. It is for another version of C.B than mine and may not be compatible as I am runing Joomla 1.0, I don't know. The link is bellow.

www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_mtree/task,viewlink/link_id,32/Itemid,55/

It even has a Captcha, looks nifty

I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
- Jesus

15 years 1 month ago #91470 by andre.balian
Replied by andre.balian on topic Re:user email
Wow yeah, Public Mail is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks for the tip. B)

Post edited by: andre.balian, at: 2009/03/12 00:09

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.274 seconds