CB Installation Problem

15 years 4 months ago #82319 by KJeff
CB Installation Problem was created by KJeff
hello, currently, I'm encountering this problem.

I'm new to joomla 1.5 and cb 1.2 rc4 as well.

I installed joomla on my localhost for my first website development, and would like to try cb.

unfortunately, after I click "Upload file and Install", it goes to a blank page, then i refresh and displays:

Component Install: Another Component is already using directory: "C:\ AppServ\ www\ joomla\ components\ com_comprofiler"

Component Install: Another Component is already using directory: "C:\ AppServ\ www\ joomla\ administrator\ components\ com_comprofiler"

I'm not sure why it said that another component is already using the directory when it's a fresh installation.

so I deleted the folders i found, and tried again.

still, no success.

any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 4 months ago #82322 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:CB Installation Problem
KJeff wrote:

hello, currently, I'm encountering this problem.

I'm new to joomla 1.5 and cb 1.2 rc4 as well.

I installed joomla on my localhost for my first website development, and would like to try cb.

unfortunately, after I click "Upload file and Install", it goes to a blank page, then i refresh and displays:

Component Install: Another Component is already using directory: "C:\ AppServ\ www\ joomla\ components\ com_comprofiler"

Component Install: Another Component is already using directory: "C:\ AppServ\ www\ joomla\ administrator\ components\ com_comprofiler"

I'm not sure why it said that another component is already using the directory when it's a fresh installation.

so I deleted the folders i found, and tried again.

still, no success.

any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

something happened during your installation process and it did not finish.

You need to cleanup your file system from these partial folders.

Use your cpanel or host environment or ftp to remove these 2 folders (and anything in them) and then start over.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.165 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn