cb with googlemap-plugin: dream-team in action

15 years 4 months ago #82963 by metabo_man
dear friends,

first of all: i am brandnew to joomla and to cb.
but i managed to install both. It was great!

and now i want to start configurin cb.
And yes: i thought of combining cb with the googlemap:
it think cb with googlemap-plugin it is sure a dream-team in action. What do you think

i asked Mike Reumer:

To integate in the community builder you have to hack Joomla, see:
Joomla 1.0.x:
tech.reumer.net/google-maps/documentation-of-plugin-googlemap/maps-in-components--contact.html
Joomla 1.5.x:
tech.reumer.net/google-maps/documentation-of-plugin-googlemap/maps-in-components-modules--contact-joomla-1.5.x.html

To integrate in CB have a look at the jreviews integration as an example:
tech.reumer.net/google-maps/documentation-of-plugin-googlemap/using-google-maps-with-jreviews.html

If CB has templates then you best can edit them. Add for example:
echo "{mosmap address='".$address."'} to the template on the right place to show it.

Well who has a googlemap running in cb. how should i proceed? What should i do? Should i integrate the googlemap in the original joomla or whoat should i do!?

Let me know if this is clear. I can post more infos

thx

joo

i love cb - it is so cool!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 4 months ago #82968 by krileon

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

15 years 4 months ago #82994 by metabo_man
Replied by metabo_man on topic Re:cb with googlemap-plugin: dream-team in action
hello thanks for repling

well i just want to add google-maps. Thats all. At the moment I do not need to combine google-maps with the user-datbase. but probabliy in the future..

so thanks for writing.

all i want to do is to add the google-map-extension from the page tech.reumer.net

WEll first of all: we can say that this has nothing to do with the Commuinty builder. Does it!? Is this true..?

Love to hear from you
cheers
capetownlighthouse

tech.reumer.net/google-maps/documentation-of-plugin-googlemap/maps-in-components-modules--contact-joomla-1.5.x.html

you can make the plugin work in components, modules and contacts in Joomla 1.5!

You have to hack the index.php of Joomla 1.5.x in the root of your site.

Add these lines at line 84 after $mainframe->render();:

JPluginHelper::importPlugin('content');
$tmp_row->text = JResponse::getBody();
$tmp_params = new JParameter(null);
$mainframe->triggerEvent('onMap', array( &$tmp_row, &$tmp_params ), true );
JResponse::setBody($tmp_row->text);
Now it will show the map if it's placed in components, modules and the contact form of Joomla!

It's not recommended to hack Joomla and it's for your own risk.

end of citation: well what do i have to do?
love to get something - a kind of review - back

To say it again:_ well all i want to do is to add the google-maps from ttp://tech.reumer.net

many many thanks for your ideas
thougths and so on

metabo

i love cb - it is so cool!

15 years 4 months ago #82995 by ndee
Hi,

you are right, you are wrong here if it is not CB 1.2 RC4 related. If it is not CB related - as it obviosly is - this is maybe the wrong place here :). Check out the Joomla forums or the vendor help site/forum/documentation.

Do you want to write a new component? Otherwise just install the g-maps plugin and call the map with {mosmap} in your content. It is all written completely clear on the download page ;)

Usage:
{mosmap width='500'|height='400'|lat='52.052312'|lon='4.447141'|zoom='3'| zoomType='Large'|zoomNew='0'|mapType='Satellite'| showMaptype='1'|overview='0'|text='sv DWO'|lang=''}
(remove returns or < br /> when you copy this example)

see: extensions.joomla.org/component/option,com_mtree/task,viewlink/link_id,1147/Itemid,35/

Post edited by: ndee, at: 2008/12/21 01:52

###################
SPEED UP HELP, read first: Help us help you
###################

15 years 4 months ago #83104 by hollandtest
Replied by hollandtest on topic Re:cb with googlemap-plugin: dream-team in action
I am trying to get this plugin to work, but no success.
I needed a google key.
I signed up for a key but have no idea where to put that key.
My key is about 50 characters long.
Is that correct?

Greetings,
Mark

15 years 4 months ago #83124 by krileon
hollandtest wrote:

I am trying to get this plugin to work, but no success.
I needed a google key.
I signed up for a key but have no idea where to put that key.
My key is about 50 characters long.
Is that correct?

Greetings,
Mark

I'd suggest visiting the plugin developers own website for information pertaining to setting up the plugin.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.251 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn