Email setup

15 years 4 months ago #83165 by ducks_mrd
Email setup was created by ducks_mrd
Hi All,

I have a quick-ish query with regards to the way email sent by users to other users using the link on their profiles read and are displayed.

My specific query is with regards to using the email setting in the configuration that has:
Email Sent "From": Admin, "Reply-To": User

On using this setting and sending a test email to a user the email that is sent reads as:

This is a message from Mike Duckworth (MikeD) at UKtenpin.com The home of UK bowling ( www.uktenpin.com ) to you:

When replying, please check carefully that the email address of Mike Duckworth (MikeD) is no-reply@uktenpin.com.Hi Ethan this is a test.

NOTES:

This user did not see your email address. If you reply the recipient will have your email address.

UKtenpin.com The home of UK bowling owners cannot accept any responsibility for the contents of the email and of user email addresses.

Now my query is the warning part prior to the message ie.
When replying, please check carefully that the email address of Mike Duckworth (MikeD) is no-reply@uktenpin.com

The no-reply@uktenpin.com is the standard admin email address should it not be reminding the user here that they must check the email address they are sending to is the actual persons and also telling them what it is just in case.

Also and sorry for asking two questions but I have looked in comprofiler.php and cant find the necessary line but where is the email formatted in the code as I would like to change this slightly.

I found the actual text in the language file however it is more the order of the messages I would like to change. Sorry to be a pain I know you have worked hard and you cant offer annoying people like me all of the options they would like.

But if you could point me at the correct file you would be a life saver as would save me loads of time as I just don't seem to find it.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 4 months ago #83170 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Email setup
Question 1 is handled by the email setting you've already selected. Change it to suit your needs.

Question 2 is handled by the language file you've already located. Simply edit it to your needs.

For detailed insight on this and much more I'd suggest subscribing for the documentation.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.208 seconds